Zombie 2.0 1/2

Cheaters have feelings too ... Part 2

Dean was laying in the backseat just staring up at the ceiling when Banana approached the car.

“I only ask five more minutes with it.” Dean said.

“Ugh.” Banana said. She opened the back door and made him sit up and scooted in next to him.

“Ask me again.” She said.

“Ask you what?” he said looking at her.

“Ask me if I have any six’s.”

He raised his eye brow. “Do you have any six’s?”

She sighed. “Yes.”

“You don’t have to-“

“No… I do. Because truthfully….I had a six left.”

Dean gasped. “I’m SHOCKED AT YOU!”

Banana folded her arms.

“So… really?”

She nodded and looked out the window.

“You know.. You don’t have to gimme the car back.”

“I lost. You win. Here.” She handed him the keys. For a long moment he looked at them and then sighed.

“You don’t have to be my girlfriend. I was only joking. You know, I don’t think you’re that bad.”

“Uh oh, here comes emotional crap.” Banana muttered under her breath.

“See, that’s just an act-“

“I-“

“Don’t interrupt me fool.” Dean held up his hand. “We don’t have to talk about it. I don’t want to. But just so you know, I’m on to you.” He smiled and then hopped out of the car. “Don’t worry baby daddy’s back.” And he hugged the hood of the car.

Inside

Deci and Rev were stacked up at the window watching the happenings outside. “Told you that she really was a real softy inside” Deci said with a smug look.

Rev sighed. “Eh, everyone has some sort of emotion in them.” He walked over to the couch and took his seat.

“So… have you real- OMG! WHAT THE HELL IS THAT?!” Deci pointed behind Rev.

“WHAT?!” He yelled and jumped up to see what was there.

“Oh its nothing.” She said waving it off. “But in all seriousness,” She paused for dramatic effect. “Sack.”

“God dammit. I can’t be sacked! I am just to freakin Rev-ish!”

“So, anyways, have any ideas for better sacks.”

“No. I’m more of a spontaneous sacker.” Rev said with a straight face.

“Then why the hell did you suggest it?”

“Because … I don’t know. Something for conversation. I don’t have any idea.” Rev laid back down on the couch and Deci decided she’d have the end whether he was there or not, and sat on his feet.

“Just don’t turn and break my ankle. That’s all I’d need. A broken ankle and shot up shoulder. I’d be so slow the zed’s wouldn’t even call me fast food. They’d be like.. well they’d be like..uhhhh”

There was no reply from outside however.

“I said, they say ‘Uhhhhh’.”

Deci was curious now, she knew that as loud as he had said it Banana should have heard him. It wasn’t like her to not respond.

“Where are they? I don’t see them?” Deci said looking out the window.

“What do you mean?” Rev sat up and looked out the window too.

“I don’t see them anywhere. Do-“

But by that time they had seen what was going on.

Outside.

“SHOOT IT!” Banana was yelling.

“I don’t want to hit you!” Dean yelled back.

“You won’t hit me just do it! It’s going to run out of shoe!” She screamed.

Dean took the shot and missed Banana and hit the zombie right square in the head. It fell down and Dean reached down to help Banana back up on to the roof of the car.

“I can’t believe this shit. Deci?! Rev!?” he yelled.

Deci and Rev appeared at the front door just in time to see an entire group of zombies emerge from the woods.

“Oh shit.” Deci said.

“Yeah oh shit, keep them at bay we’re coming in!” Dean yelled.

“NO! You .. get in the car, we’re coming to you to out run these things!” Deci yelled back.

“No! We’re coming in!” Dean argued and grabbed Banana’s hand and then took off down the front of the car.

The zombies were moving at an alarming rate. They weren’t staggering even with the few inches of snow on the ground.

“Oh god, Oh Johnny Christ, we’re all gonna die.” Rev said quietly.

“No we’re not, just shoot and cover them.” Deci said taking aim with her rifle. She shot a few of them, taking only two down of the crowd and Rev’s firing was right behind hers. He knocked down three and it was good enough for Dean and Banana to get back in the cabin.

“Look.” Deci said pointing to where the zombies she had knocked down were. They were standing back up.

“I got a head shot on one of them, how is it still alive?” She asked terrified.

“I don’t know but we need to shut up this door and get inside to a shooting spot.” Dean said.

They shut the front door and when Rev looked out the window he groaned. “Guys, we’re in deep shit.” The tone in his voice made Deci grow cold.

“Why?” Dean asked.

“Look.”

When they looked out the window it was soon apparent that they were in fact screwed. There were literally 40-50 zombies all staggering towards the cabin.

“Grab some shit, we’re going on the roof.” Dean said.

“There is no way I’m going to make it up there! I can’t fucking climb!” Deci said.

“I will help you now COME ON!”

The zombies were getting closer, and the four of them raced to the back door. There were zombies even there, but they were trying to get through the thick trees.

“We have a short window, let’s go!” Dean yelled and gave Banana a boost up. Once she was on the roof she helped Deci and then Dean and shortly behind them Rev was up.

“We can hold out from here, but I don’t know for how long. I don’t think the son of a bitches can climb.” Dean said.

“I’ve never known them to, but that is just going by what movies and books said. None of them said this could actually happen.” Banana said.

“I know, we’re just gonna have to write out own book when this is over.” Dean said.

They all started firing together, killing as many of the meat sacks as they could.

“I have an idea. Keep in mind it’s a really crappy idea and probably will not work with this many zombies.” Banana huffed. “One of us should play decoy. They would have to attract all the zombies away from the car and the rest of us would have to jump from the roof and get to the car as quick as possible. The ones in the car would obviously go back and try to rescue the decoy.”

“That is..” Deci started.

“FREAKIN CRAP IDEA!” Dean shouted.

“I told you it wasn’t perfect. Since I am the jerk of the group… I’ll be the decoy. Rev should be the one to drive since he would have the most motivation to run zombies over and save me (hopefully).”

“Even if we went with this plan… What makes you think that you being the decoy would be a good idea? You don’t like to run. Hell I don’t even know why you said you would do it.” Dean said.

“Well… I don’t particularly WANT to leave myself as bait. I’m not exactly the self-sacrificing type. But I figure that if I do this… it will get you people off my back for a bit. That is if I even survive.”

“Um, I’m for driving.” Rev said for the first time after getting onto the roof.

“I really don’t think that any of this is a good idea. I mean, if we go with Banana’s plan, then she might die and I don’t think I would want that on my conscience. So I think we really need to rethink this.”

Banana stared at Deci. “Then what do you expect to be going down?”

“Well we could…well I don’t know. How about just jumping off together once all the zombies are close enough so we can all get to the car?” Deci huffed.

“They are both crappy. How about this? Lets all go to the center of the roof and lay down so they can’t see us. Maybe, just maybe if we are quite enough and don’t yell, they will all go away.” Dean said smugly.

“Hm..” The Rev said in thinking manner. “I vote we all live. That sounds like a good plan.”

“We could… try Dean’s plan.” Banana said even though the words were very hard to get out.

“Really?” Dean asked looking a little surprised.

“Yeah why not, I really wasn’t for that whole sending me out to do the dirty work thing. I was just trying to be noble guys.” Banana said.

Deci shrugged. She hadn’t said much but it was because she was trying to think of a way to go around her friend sacrificing herself.

“Okay, so… we wait.” Rev said. And they all walked over to the middle of the roof and laid down.

Darkness was starting to creep up on them, and in the light jackets they had it was starting to get a little on the chilly side.

“This is worse than my 23 birthday.” Rev said aimlessly. “I got stuck out in the middle of the lake drunk. On a damn floaty. I couldn’t get myself back cuz I was drunk, and I was afraid of drowning, so I stayed there until FINALLY someone in a boat came and got me. I see no boat.” He added dryly.

“I don’t see a boat either Rev.” Deci said.

They were all lying close together to get some body heat but wouldn’t go as far as getting naked and piling together under the clothes. They would rather freeze to death.

“If we don’t find a way out of here soon, we’re all gonna die and all this shit will have been for nothing.” Dean said with a chatter in his voice.

“We know, man.” Deci said.

They waited it out as best they could but finally the cold was getting to them.

“I b-bet you’re rec-considering my p-plan now a-aren’t you guys?” Banana said through clenched teeth.

“I r-really d-don’t think s-so.” Deci chattered back.

“Look guys, we need t-to keep a strait f-face. Focus… not f-face..” Rev was getting delusional from the cold and loss of blood.

“He’s n-not gunna mak-ke it.” Deci said and scooted a little closer to him. She put one arm around him with her marshmellow jacket.

Dean looked at Banana but she scowled. “I may of lost, but this just isn’t the time.” She muttered.

“Okay.” He said and then looked back up at the sky.

“I hope we get out of here alive. I really have to get a beer before I die.” Rev said. He was feeling a little warmer with the support of his friend.

Suddenly out of nowhere there was a thumping sound.

“What’s that?” Banana asked.

“I don’t know, does it l-look like I know?” Dean asked.

“No, you never DO know Dean.” Banana said.

The thumping got closer and louder as it did.

Thud, thud, thud, thud, thud.

“What IS that, I’ve heard that before, but I can’t place it.” Deci said sitting up. She slowly made her way over to the edge of the roof and saw all the zombies milling around still. They were quiet, but somehow she knew that they knew they were still up there. They were trying to find a way to get them

“It must be torture to be a zombie.” Rev said suddenly.

“Why?” Dean asked.

“Because could you imagine wanting chicken nuggets really bad and having to chase them on to a roof to get them? I mean, honestly, that sucks. I would love a nugget right now, and a beer, mostly a beer, but damn I don’t wanna have to chase it.”

“That’s true.” Dean said.

By now the thudding was pretty loud.

“Hey, do you guys see that?” Banana asked.

“Yeah.”

The trees were starting to blow around like there was a strong wind, and then they started to bed.

“What the fuck?”

There above them was a black helicopter.

“What… the fuck?!” They all yelled louder over the thudding of the blades.

All the zombies noticed it too and were all looking up now at the giant object. Some groaned and swung their arms up at it, and others just stared in disgust. They knew it wasn’t good for them.

Suddenly a voice came over a loud speaker.

“Is anyone hurt? Are any of you bitten?”

“No!” They all yelled.

“Please lay back down on the roof and cover your heads.” The voice said.

They all did as they were told. No amount of gunfire was going to bring the bird down.

As soon as they hit the deck a brilliant flame shot out of the side of the chopper. It engulfed the zombies and produced a loud crackling sound.

“Oh my god!” Banana yelled but Dean covered her head with his arm and they all remained face down on the roof as the jets of fire flashed out.

After about three minutes of the fire the voice from the chopper came back.

“You guys are safe to get to your vehicle. Does it work?”

They all stood up and Dean shouted.

“Yeah it’s fine! LONG AS YOU DIDN’T BURN IT UP!” He yelled with a little more effort on the last part of it.

“No we missed that. Get to your vehicle we’ll follow you out.”

The four of them jumped off the roof and made it safely to the vehicle. They then proceeded to go out the dirt road and followed the chopper, as that was what it looked like they wanted.