Watch You Cry

O 1 3

People would laugh at the thought. It was inconceivable. It was unimaginable. The Slades, unhappy? Never.
Conner Slade was happy. He was content, to say the least. His wife and newly-turned four year old daughter were the soul reason his euphoria existed. He was proud to say that if his life were to end at the certain time; he would die a happy man. And he did. Conner Slade died overwhelmingly happy with his well lived life. But what he left behind was a shattered world for his treasures.
Catherine Slade was rummaging through every inch of her family’s living room, looking for her daughter’s missing right shoe, when there was a firm few knocks against the front door. She sighed, giving up on her search as she headed towards the door before opening it swiftly.
Her heart dropped. She was yet to hear what the visitors had to say, but what good could come of two police officers on her front doorstep?
“...Hello.” Her voice wavered as one of the officers, a female, tilted her head down solemnly.
“Mrs. Slade?” The male officer, Officer Lyndar according to his badge, questioned.
Catherine nodded, fear clouding her eyes as the officer took of his hat and held it close to his chest.
“Mrs. Slade, I’m incredibly sorry to say this...”
It was a twisted blur of ‘wet road’ and ‘nothing could be done’ that had Catherine in a state of numbness.
A small Declan Slade came running into the room, having become impatient for her mother’s return with her favourite shoes. She ran into her mother’s legs and looked around for her mother’s attention, soon growing confused at the situation above her. She instead found the attention of two tall adults standing opposite her. The officers sighed heavily.
Declan grew confused. “Momma?”

My memory haunts me. It kills me.
I was living in the perfect world. My parents loved each other, they loved me.
And then... It was gone. In one second, someone somewhere decided my life was not worth the trouble. Or rather, my life
was worth the trouble – The trouble of destruction.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hullo petite chiens!
This chapter - in my opinion - is like a puzzle piece, which I have cut jaggedly to fit into an awkward place.
Anyway, my hopes of 5-0 subbehs came true. Welcome seven new subscribers! I can't tell you how far over the moon I have become