Watch You Cry

O 1 9

A sharp ringing in the back of Declan’s very stuffy head was what persuaded the girl to open her bleary eyes from a slumber of which she had absolutely no memory.
Her deep blue eyes wearily took in her surroundings, her body still cemented to the mattress she found herself stretched out on and panic quickly took over her body, fuelling the churning within her stomach.

Full of alarm and distress, she forced her heavy limbs from the bedding and sat upright, analysing her situation. Upon raising vertically, every single sense in her felt as though it was alert to an undeniably strong force of illness.
Oh, my God.

In all of Declan’s years she couldn’t exactly say she had never felt so sick, but it was definitely up there, and it was wholesomely unwelcome. The back of her throat felt as though it were closing while her insides felt like they were slowly but surely melting. Her head pounded to an unsteady beat and her hands were sweating into a damp mess.

This better be what a hangover feels like...

Standing ungracefully, Declan recognized her current residence as Kara’s bedroom; the very same one she had been in some hours before wearing that skirt and those heels. Eyes widening once again, Declan inspected the clothing draped over her thin body; a large white t-shirt and baggy grey sweatpants. They hung loosely from her frame, enveloping her in the fabric.

“Oh, you’re awake.”
Declan’s head snapped to face the doorway – increasing her growing pain – to where the bouncy brunette stood, though at the moment she appeared very much so less bouncy.

“Kara...” Declan’s voice was hoarse, raspy and sickeningly weak.

“How ya’ feeling? Probably about the same as me, huh?” Kara walked further into the room, handing over a bottle of water to the blonde who, upon seeing the drink, realised how thirsty she actually was.

“I feel like... Crap. Do you, uh, have any... Medication?”

As she had absolutely no recollection from the night beforehand after leaving Jack in the kitchen to finish his shots, Declan felt extremely wary and uncomfortable around the group she had spent the night with, maybe even a little embarrassed.

“Oh, right!” Kara exclaimed, offering for Declan to take the items already in her hands; two small pills.

“Um,” Declan started after having swallowed the drugs; a familiar feeling. “I’m sorry if I was... Stupid or out of hand, or anything. Last night, I mean. I hope I didn’t upset or embarr—"

“What? No, of course not! You were mild compared to the boys. Well, I mean, apart from Alex. He was drunk, but you and him were nothing next to Jack and Zack.”

Declan was instantly calmed by the revelation, however slightly confused. “Zack?”
Kara chuckled, walking toward the doorway and motioning for her friend to follow. “You probably don’t remember meeting him. God knows he won’t have a clue...”

As Kara trailed off, thinking of the night which Declan could only wish to remember, the pair made their way to the kitchen downstairs which was occupied by another four people. Apparently everyone had stayed at Kara’s for the night, meaning everyone had seen Declan in her least flattering state.

“She’s alive!” Jack exclaimed as the girls approached, standing from his seat at the kitchen table excitedly and throwing his hands in the air. The loud outburst sent a throb through the blonde’s head, a wave of nausea shooting through her.

“Jack, calm the heck down.” Kara scolded, gesturing for Declan to sit at a vacant spot beside the lanky boy, across from Alex. “Dec, this is Zack. You guys met last night but...”

“But you party hard!” Jack interjected, once again louder than anyone in the room would have hoped.
Declan smiled politely to the brown haired boy sitting on the other side of Alex, earning the same gesture back. Her blue eyes skimmed quickly over Alex’s appearance and their eyes met for a brief moment before she immediately looked back down into her lap.

Various breakfast meals sat before the boys at the large kitchen table; bacon, eggs, toast; every waft to enter Declan’s hyper-aware nostrils had her forcing herself to repress her gag reflex.

While a conversation started amongst the friendly group, Jack speaking actively for the most part, the ill girl stayed quiet, her eyes closed and her ears ringing.
“Hey,” Alex whispered from beside her, leaning his body in so as to not draw any attention from any other ears.

Declan’s eyes popped open and focussed on Alex’s soft brown ones, laced with concern.
“You okay?”

Even with his gentle approach, his words flowing through her ears left her head in turmoil.
Whimpering only slightly, Declan shook her head with a shrug of her shoulder. “Just feeling a bit sick.”

The smirk on the brown haired boy’s face was anything but comforting, but as his face soon transformed into something more genuine he leaned in even closer. “I’ll take you home?”
The small girl all but nodded, sharp pains falling through her as Alex stood, ceasing all conversation around the table.

“I’m taking Declan home.” Alex explained, putting his large hand on the girl’s subtly trembling back as she stood to join him.

“Oh, okay,” Kara agreed, surprised as she too stood. “You’re stuff is just by the stairs, I’ll walk you out.”
Declan returned Kara’s genuine smile as best she could, her pain making it difficult. “Thanks for having me.” She turned to the rest of the table, “Thanks for the party, too. It was fun.”

She knew that what she had said was a bit of a lie, given she had no real memory of the night being ‘fun’, but she smiled nonetheless and accepted Jack’s – very enthusiastic – hug and said goodbye to Rian and Zack.

At Kara’s front door, the brunette smiled, catching Declan off guard and hugging her despite the bags filling her arms.

“See you later, Dec.”

• • •

“It’s just here, on the right.”

Alex pulled into the driveway Declan had directed him to, parking the car and looking toward the, now quite pale, small girl.
“You sure you’re okay, Declan?”

Mentally, Declan was screaming, thrashing around and setting fire to everything. No matter how many times she repeated the words ‘I’m fine, honestly’, the boy beside her made it his mission to nag her about her current health. Why do you care?!

“Alex, I’m fine. I’m okay.”

Who was she kidding? Her voice said it all. Quiet and barely at a squeak, her throat was rendering her nearly speechless.

“Thank for the ride home, I really,” She coughed quickly, clearing her throat. “appreciate it.”
Alex’s eyes filled with suspicion, nodding and watching her step out of the car slowly, still adorning his clothing. He smiles to himself despite the situation.

With a frail hand, Declan waves Alex off and heads for her front door where her mother would undoubtedly be awaiting her return, ready to investigate on her teenage daughter’s first night out. There wasn’t even a chance of satisfaction for the girl who had completed her plan, her health overtaking her mindset.

“Declan, you’re home.”
Catherine sat in the house’s only armchair, the armchair once belonging to a certain male member of the family. The older of the two’s eyes looked as though they hadn’t caught a wink of sleep, however Declan had very little time to analyse her mother’s appearance as she rushed through the room, muttering ‘Hi, mom’ on her way to her bedroom.

Throwing her bags down in haste, she rushed quickly into the adjoining bathroom and slammed the door against its hinges, twisting the shower’s taps on and lifting the toilet’s white lid.

Hunching and heaving over the porcelain bowl, muted by the sounds of the running shower, Declan emptied the contents of stomach, spluttering in pain.

Just a hangover. Just a hangover.

The gagging continued, reaching its limit as there was no longer any food to bring up. However, it continued, to the point of tears protruding down the weak girl’s face.

Just a hangover.

Declan opened her red rimmed eyes slowly, peering down at the mess before her. Her tears continued, and only got heavier at the sight she caught.

Blood.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ooh, Declan's first hangover, or something worse?!
I feel really bad for my own character, sigh. How do we feel about all this?
I gained 10 subscribers over 1 chapter, how bloody exciting!
It'd be sweet if you all could comment your thoughts, especially what your hoping to see within the next chapters.

And! If you're subscribed to the new 1D fic I've put up (Wanderlust!) the first chapter should be up within the next couple of days. :)
x
P.s Does anyone know any good T.Mills fics? I've recently fallen in love with the babe.