Watch You Cry

O O 6

Over the next few days, Declan Slade was nowhere to be seen. The clacking sounds of her shoes never presented themselves, her blonde waves weren't seen from across the parking lot, and that old Mustang she drove never rumbled on to school grounds.
Alex Gaskarth sat lazily in his seat, head rested heavily in his folded arms across the desk. As he was slowly slipping in and out of a conscious state, he heard the door open and close. The brown haired boy didn't bother looking up, like most of the class had, but when he heard the legs of the chair beside him scrape across floor tiling he lifted his head briefly. Beside him sat the blonde head of hair that had been missing recently. Her blue eyes were fixated ahead of the pair and her posture was statured incredibly well. Alex wasn't sure if he had ever seen her this close up.
He sat himself upright and looked expectantly at the girl. Seconds ticked by and she still hadn't looked his way. He cleared his throat roughly, watching as she slowly turned her glance to him.
"Hi." He greeted, keeping his presence friendly.
She looked over his face subtly, before replying, "Hello."
The way the young girl spoke was a mixture of confidence and innocence. With just one word, Alex was intrigued.
"How are you?"
Declan quirked one of her eyebrows carefully, but answered nonetheless.
"I'm fine, how are you?"
Alex watched intently as she spoke, her large eyes switching back and forth between the two of his.
"I'm alright."
The conversation seemed to run to an end, so Declan turned to the front and continued to listen to the teacher.
"Are you busy later?" Alex questioned hopefully.
Declan was left mentally flustered. Why would he ask such a thing?
"Yes, I am. Sorry." a small, sad frown placed itself on her face; Alex's face soon matching hers as her words registered.
He looked down, embarressment creeping upon him as he began talking again and the school bell rang.
"Oh, okay. Maybe some other time then..."
As Alex looked back up, he found himself talking to an empty chair. She was gone.
He didn't understand her at all. She confused him to no extent, and oddly enough, he found himself enjoying it.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm on holidays, yet today I am off to school to get my report.