Torn In Two

001

As Alexa sat down on the lunch table with her 5 month old boyfriend, Chris, the 5 foot 6 inches brunette was ecstatic. Chris smiled at her and kissed her cheek, like he did everyday that they were together. Alexa couldn't believe that she had gotten lucky to be with a guy like Chris. He was everything that she loved about a guy; smart, funny, caring and a lot more she could ever ask for.

She was surrounded by her friends, Jasmine and Carrie, who were talking about how great it was that it finally snowed, just before Christmas break. Opposite them sat Chris's friends, Mark and Jacob who were talking about Black Ops.

Boys will be boys, Alexa thought.

"Why are you smiling?" Chris curiously asked.

Alexa smiled up at him, saying, "Because I'm with you."

"Chris smiled down at her and kissed her softly on the lips. Everyone around the table just cooed and made fun of them.

"You're ruining my mojo. I'm the one who's supposed to say those kinds of things to you," Chris commented.

Alexa just laughed and continued to eat her burger. As Alexa got up to throw her garbage away, Chris followed her and laced their hands together. Somewhere along lunch room, near the door, a person said, "They're going to make me barf."

Alexa looked at Jake sharply. She narrowed her eyes at him and held on tighter to Chris's hand. Chris got the hint and he walked over to Jake. As Chris was walking towards the black-haired track runner, a smirk formed on Jake's face. This just seemed to piss off Chris even more.

"You got a problem buddy?" Chris coldly asked.

"Not really. Except that slut you're dating," Jake slid his eyes over to Alexa.

Alexa's blood was boiling! She was never called a slut before, that's because she wasn't one. By definition, she shouldn't be considered one of those; she's the most faithful, truthful person anyone can ever come across. Just as Alexa took a step towards Jake, just to tell him off and keep him in his place, Both of her friends grabbed onto her arm to stop her. She shook them off and instead of going to Jake like she originally planned, she grabbed Chris's hand and tugged him away.

Walking away she said, "C'mon Chris. We have more class than that."

And with one final dirty look towards Jake, she exited out of the lunch room, with everyone's eyes on her.

- - -

"Fuck. I can't believe I called her a slut. Can you believe it?" Jake ran his hands over his face and turned towards his friends, Sam and Brent.

Brent just shrugged and said, "It's your fault man. I don't know what you're trying to do. If you tap that then just be nicer. I don't get why you go out of your way to insult her so much. "

Jake rolled his eyes at Brent. For Jake, it wasn't just because he wanted to "tap that". Alexa meant something more to him than that. She's not an item that you pass around from one person to the next, "I don't want to just 'tap that' Brent. You know what I feel about her."

"Yeah, yeah. You love her," Brent rolled his eyes at him.

"I didn't say I love her! I have strong feelings towards her. It might even be infatuation, I can't tell. What do you think Sam?" Chris turned to his other friend, the smarter one.

Sam just shrugged his shoulders at him and patted him on the shoulder, "Dude, I don't know what's been going on in that head of yours but you love her. I mean, you go out of your way everyday since the ninth grade to insult her. Don't you think that's a long time for someone to go out of their way just to insult someone? i don't think it's infatuation either. I mean, maybe that was what you felt when you first started going out in the ninth grade, but I think you've matured from that stage. At this point, you love her."

Inwardly, Jake sighed. He knew they were right. Why try to deny it? He was inlove with Alexa. The problem was, she already loved someone else.
♠ ♠ ♠
well, here it is.
i don't know about this story too much,
that's because I'm just winging it!
ahaha, well, let's see where this goes, shall we?
xoxo