Torn In Two

002

"W-what are you trying to say, Chris?" Alexa whispered, tears threatened to pour out of her eyes.

Chris sighed and averted his eyes and looked towards the powdery snow instead, "Alexa, you know what I'm trying to say. Don't make this any harder for me to do than it already is. I love you I really do, not just in that way anymore."

Alexa sniffed and looked indignant, "Okay. I get what you're trying to say. But what the hell do you mean you don't love me anymore? How can someone just stop loving another person in a snap of a finger? How can someone just, I don't know, stop their feelings? How the hell in fuck's sake does someone do that?" At this point, Alexa was already screaming, tears streaming down her face.

Chris looked taken aback and reached out to her, Alexa shrugged his gesture away and looked at him, waiting for an explanation, "I...I'm sorry, Alexa."

With those final words, Chris walked back inside the school building, leaving Alexa to cry her heart out in the cold.

After she cried, she went back inside the school, to make sure she didn't forget anything. By this time, nobody was around, and everyone went home; only a couple of people stayed behind to finish some last minute things. Whenever she passed by people, Alexa would just look down so that they wouldn't see her tear-strained face.

"Ooouf!" Alexa exclaimed as she felt herself hit something hard. She looked up and saw two familiar green eyes that stared down at her. Jake's hand was on both her arms as to stop her from falling. Alexa realized that her eyes were still puffy from crying so much. She bent her head down and said a meek, "Sorry. I should probably watch where I'm going."

She tried to go, but Jake was still holding her close to him, almost like they were hugging. Jake softly asked, "What's wrong, babe?"

Alexa's heart fluttered as she heard him say 'babe'. No! This is wrong. I shouldn't be feeling this towards him. Wrong, wrong, wrong! Alexa screamed to herself.

Looking at Jake, she narrowed her eyes and snatched one of her hands away from his grip, "Why do you care? You called me a slut yesterday, in case you forgot."

Jake winced. He knew it was wrong for him to call her a slut. She was right, "I'm really sorry about that. I didn't mean it. You know half the things I say, I don't really mean them."

Alexa sighed, and she backed onto the wall and slid down into a sitting position. She closed her eyes and took in a deep breath. Everything went wrong today. She was supposed to spend her Christmas break with Chris. She was supposed to spend every day together with him. Then all of a sudden, he breaks up with her.

-okay?" Jake interrupted her thoughts.

"I'm sorry, what was that?"

"I said, are you okay?" Jake accented on each word. Alexa merely nodded, then tears suddenly escaped her eyes and created a path onto her smooth skin. Little drops of tears were falling sofly on her arm and jeans. Jake, looking alarmed, sat down with her and hugged her.

"I-I'm sorry. I d-don't know w-why I'm being s-so babyish," Alexa said in between tears.

"Shh. It's alright. I'm here. Shh." Something in Jake's 'Shh' calmed her down and she wiped her eyes with her arm. I guess there's no way escaping it now. Alexa bitterly thought.

"Chris broke up with me." She had said bluntly. Jake stared at her for a second or two, processing what she just said.

Jake hugged her a second time, and this time, she remembered how his strong arms held her close, the smell of his aftershave - like pine needles in springtime, the way her body felt when she was this close to him. She cherished these moments; these moments of pure love and innocence.
♠ ♠ ♠
well.
does she really have feelings for Jake at all?
xoxo