Torn In Two

003

"Dude, she's such a great kisser. I mean, like, wicked! I'm telling you, if I didn't break up with her, I could almost guarantee she was great in bed," Chris told his friends in the lunch table. They brofisted and laughed together, until Jake came over and he looked pissed.

"Er, hey man," Chris said, suddenly growing nervous. Chris knew, that Jake had feelings for Alexa. It was the only reason he broke up with her. That, and because he couldn't get laid. He cared about her, really, he did. He's just bored.

"Don't fucking 'hey man' me, you douche," Jake said calmly. Inside, however, he was seriously pissed. Nobody talked about his Alexa like that. His Alexa? Where did that thought come from? Jake stared coldly at Chris, "You don't talk about a girl like that and expect to get away with it. I'm going to say this once, and only once. Treat her with respect, or else," Jake threatened.

Chris snorted, "Like you could do anything to me. Bro, I can beat you up one hand tied behind my back. You don't scare me." Just then, Jake came threateningly closer to Chris. Chris stood up. Jake continued, "You want to prove that, asshole?"

It all happened in a blur. Chris's arm went back, and hit Jake across his stomach. Jake took a step back and lunged for his enemy. He was suddenly on top of Chris, punching the life out of him. He heard something crack, and suddenly blood was pouring out of Chris's nose. Jake still kept on punching. In that exact moment, Alexa came through the cafeteria doors. She noticed everyone was staring at the floor and she wondered why. Then she moved closer.

Alexa put her hands behind her mouth and ran towards Jake screaming, "Jake! Stop! Stop it! Jake!"
She tried to pull him away but he still kept on punching the life out of Chris.
"Jake! Fucking stop this shit right now!" Alexa yelled at the top of her lungs.

When Jake heard Alexa yell, he knew that she was pissed. She barely ever swore much less scream. He knew that everyone in the cafeteria was shocked by her outburst. He stood up over the beaten up body of Chris. Jake knew that he shouldn't have done this to him. He was just so pissed at him for not being there for Alexa when she needed him. Pissed that he couldn't be the one that made her smile. Pissed that she loved someone else.