Status: For Contest.

You Must Think That I'm Crazy.

1/1

Oh God, he’s wearing those jeans again.

Zack couldn’t help the thought as it ran through his mind. It didn’t help that the man in question was sitting three rows in front of him, beside the window, his pale brown hair catching the sun and making his blue eyes stand out further against his pale skin.

But what really didn’t help was when he raised his hand with a question.

‘Mr Merrick?’

Zack’s eyes focused more on the man boy, narrowing in confusion at the boy that had held his attention since the moment he had first stumbled into his sight.

‘What’s wrong Evan?’

‘Um…I kinda… Alright I have no fucking clue what I’m doing alright? You’re a shit teacher who hasn’t taught me fuck all, all year. How the hell you expect to become a teacher is fucking ridiculous!’

Zack was taken aback, along with the rest of the class. Evan Kirkendall, never spoke out like that. But Zack wasn’t going to lose his temper. He was sure that there must have be an acceptable reason for this unusual behaviour from his best and quietest student. Evans’ pale lids narrowed over his eyes and he sneered at his teacher.

‘What? Are that much of a pathetic excuse for a man that you can’t even speak when a teenager talks back.’ He let out a sharp laugh, ‘I wouldn’t even be surprised if you were a faggot.’

With one simple word Evan broke Zack's resolve.

‘Detention after school! Fail to show up and it’ll be a months worth and I’ll make sure you show up for those!’ he shrieked.

The whole class froze in shock. Even Evans’ eyes widened. He had not anticipated him to call him out. Zack had a reputation around the school for being one of the most relaxed teachers in the place, no matter how shit he was feeling, he never took it out on his students. Evan guessed he had just gone over the line.

Perfect.

########

He’s late.

Hazel eyes were trained on the clock at the back of the class. 2:25 glared at the young teacher. When the clock hit 2:30, Zack stood shaking his head and huffing out a sigh. Unwillingly he started piling the papers that had to be graded and his laptop into his messenger bag. Picking up the few binders he has that won’t fit into the already strained bag, another dejected sigh escapes his pale lips as he shuffles out of the classroom, turning to lock the door behind him.

‘You wanted me in detention and yet you’re leaving. Like I said, what kind of teacher are you going to be?’

Zack’s hand gripped the key tighter and twisted it in the lock - in the opposite direction of what he had previously had. He pushed open the door and stepped back into the dreary room. He turned to the senior who now stood in the door way.

‘Well…Move. Take a seat.’

Zack was nervous to see the least. However, what he didn’t know was that the slight boy in front of him was buzzing. Buzzing with the knowledge that he was the one who had infuriated the gorgeous man that leant on the desk in front of him. Buzzing with the fact it was just the two of them, alone. Needless to say, Evans’ plans had turned out spectacularly well.

‘Can you tell me what the hell you were thinking?’ Zack demanded as he crossed his arms over his muscled chest. Evan looked at the teacher, leaning against the desk casually, he looked at the way his straight legged black jeans encased the tops of his thighs and crotch tightly before his crisp white work shirt fell un-tucked over the top.

‘-I mean seriously? Evan? Evan are you even listening to me?’

The brunette shook his head, blinking a few times before standing and going to lean on the front row desk - the one directly opposite Zack.

‘Evan what got into you today?’

The younger sighed as he shrugged,

‘Evan? Is there anything you need to talk about? Because maybe…maybe I can understand a little bit better than many of the teachers in this school. I am closer to your age than them.’

A spark of thought ran through Evans’ head.

‘How old are you Sir?’

‘Twenty-two, nearly twenty-three. You?’

‘Just turned eighteen.’

Zack nodded slowly and Evan decided that he might as well act now.

‘So…Detention…’ he said pushing himself off the desk.

‘Yeah.’ Zack sighed as Evan shifted closer.

‘What exactly do you do in detentions, Sir? See I’ve never had one before.’ Evan opened his eyes wider and watched as his teachers’ Adams apple bobbed up an down.

‘Well, normally yo- What are you doing?’

Evan now stood directly in front of Zack. A step away from being too close.

‘I was thinking that since, well, it’s my first detention, you might go easy on me.’

Zack swallowed nervously, attempting to move past his student. Evan made that very hard to do however when he placed his hands on the desk on either side of his teachers’ body. Without warning, Evan leant forwards pushing their lips together. His eyes slipped shut as Zacks’ hands came up to grip his shoulders.

Only to push him off.

Evans’ eyes were huge. His breathing was quick. He had just kissed his teacher. It wasn’t a concern that it was a male teacher, Evan had been open with himself for a long time.

‘No. Evan.’

The refusal broke two hearts in that one moment.
The younger sighed and looked down, although Zacks’ hands remained on his shoulders.

‘You must think that I’m crazy. Doing this shit. I know it’s stalker-ish. I'm sorry for what I said in class. I’m the pathetic one, not you - I mean who else would mouth off to get detention just so they could seduce their teacher.’

At this Zack chuckled,

‘Seduce me, really?’

Evans’ cheeks tinged a darker pink and he cast his gaze away from the blonde.

‘Hey…C’mon. Look up, Ev.’

Zack wasn’t sure what made him say it but it worked.

Blue eyes met hazel.

Slowly, almost teasingly, Zack leant forward and pressed his lips to Evans’. The old school butterflies returned, erupting in his stomach, a feeling which he han't experienced since his own highschool days. He massaged the younger’s lips with his own before pulling away and titling his head to the side, so as to whisper in his ear,

‘I’d enjoy it if you did.’