Status: On hiatus until I freaking see the second part to DH.

Gorgeous Nightmare

Chapter One

Penelope could not take another morning of this constant arguing. Every morning Fred and George would get into an argument about who got to use the shower first. Each and every morning the same person would win, Fred. There was no beating him.

“You two must be barmy! All you do is fight over the stupid shower! I need my sleep!” I yelled at both of the gits.

“We’re sorry,” the twins said in unison.

“It’s okay, but can’t you just settle it over rock, papers, scissors or something? Maybe something not so violent.”

Fred and George looked down at the ground, defeated. “Alright, alright.”

Penelope threw the covers off of her, revealing her half naked body. She didn’t mind. She had shared a room with the Weasley twins for over two years now and she wouldn’t have it any other way. They weren’t like normal males. They didn’t want to jump her bones just because she was in a tee-shirt and panties. If any perverted jokes were made it was to embarrass Penny or to make her laugh.

“Nice arse you got there Pen. Plan on showing any more of it off today?” George said with a sly smirk on his face. Fred just shook his head as he left the room, claiming the shower once more.

Penelope just rolled her eyes and began to sort through songs on her laptop. She had grown up in the muggle world, so she obtained many things that the Weasleys’ didn’t have. George was especially intrigued by the computer and the music that Pen blared from the speakers.

“Ten times removed. I forget about where it all began. Bastard son of, bastard son of, wild eyed child on the sun.” The man’s voice was very nasily, but somehow soothing at the same time.

“Who is this singing?” George asked curiously staring over Pen as she checked her email.

She tilted her head back and stared at him with wide eyes, “Only the greatest band in the world!”

George scratched his head, “And who would that be?”

“They are called the Smashing Pumpkins. They came onto the scene in America in the early 90’s. The guy singing is Billy Corgan. Isn’t his voice beautiful?”

“I like it. Maybe you could show me some more?”

Penelope was more than glad to show George her music. Music was a big part of her life. It put her feelings into words and made her feel at home.

She began to shuffle through iTunes to her favorite song, “Cupid De Locke.” The sounds echoed throughout the room and Fred found himself tapping his foot against the floorboards.

“This is Cupid De Locke. It’s probably my favorite song.” Penelope paused for a minute, “Hey, if you like them so much, maybe we can talk your parents into letting you come to the muggle world with me. I can take you to a concert. The Pumpkins are always touring Europe.” Excitement rose in Pen. Finally, she and George shared something that was personal to her.

“I would love that.” George wrapped his arms around Pen’s shoulders, pulling her back close to his bare chest. “You know, I like you more and more each day.”

Penelope’s heartbeat began to increase as the heat rose in her cheeks. She knew they just turned a thousand shades of red. The question now was what would she say in return?

“I, uh, I like you too.” All she could do was smile brightly. There was an awkward silence between the two of them.

George’s face turned very serious, “I mean it, Pen.” He placed a gentle kiss on her temple. “You are one of a kind.”

“Hey, I know you love each other and all but can you keep the lovey dovey comments to a minimum?” Fred’s voice sounded from the doorway.

George and Pen quickly moved away from each other and George hurried out the door into the bathroom.

“So, what was that all about? You finally tell him how much you fancy him?” Fred nudged my shoulder, “Huh? Huh?”

Penelope just shook her head in disappointment. “You know I’ll never have the courage to tell him. What if he doesn’t feel the same way? I’d look like an idiot and our friendship would be ruined.”

“The longer you wait, the harder it’s going to get, Penny Poo.” Fred ruffled her curly, brown hair.

He was right. If she waited any longer she might lose her chance and she wasn’t going to let some other female snatch him away from her.
♠ ♠ ♠
759 words.
Comments?
Subscribers?