Status: On hiatus until I freaking see the second part to DH.

Gorgeous Nightmare

Chapter Eleven

Penelope lay on the muddy ground yelling bloody murder at the top of her lungs. Tears were pouring down her flushed face. The warm, red substance that seeped between her legs now stained her beautiful dress.

“George! George!” She continued to scream as she clutched her stomach, but George was nowhere to be found. The worst thoughts came to her mind. Maybe they have captured him? Maybe they have killed him? Her vision began to blur and before anybody could hear her screams she passed out.

Minutes must have passed before anybody had found her. Hours must have passed before her body even decided to twitch. George sat by her bedside with his head in his hands. Every now and again he’s peek through his fingers to see if she had woken up, but she never did.

“George, dear, I think it’s time you get some sleep of your own,” Molly spoke softly as she ran her hand up and down her son’s back. “She’ll be there in the morning.”

“No… Mum, I can’t leave her by herself. I refuse to leave her by herself.” George shook his head refusing to leave the love of his life.

“You do what is best dear. Your father and I are going to bed. It’s been a long day.” Molly kissed George on the cheek gently and walked over to Fred who sat on his bed staring at the floor. She bent down and whispered something in his ear and kissed him as she did George.

As soon as Molly stepped out of the room and shut the door, Fred got up and walked over to where his lonely brother was sitting. Fred kneeled down beside Penelope’s bedside and ran his fingers through her long hair, “I’m so sorry, Pen.”

“Fred, what am I going to tell her?” George wiped the remaining tears from his eyes as he looked up at Fred’s saddened expression.

“The truth.” Fred spoke honestly.

“I should have been there to protect her. I should have had my wand out and ready. This is my fault, Fred. I killed the baby. She’s going to hate me.

“Penelope could never hate you. If she could, she would have probably kicked your arse years ago when you turned her hair puke green.” Fred paused and took a deep breath, “She’ll understand and it’s not like you can’t try for another baby.”

“What if she doesn’t want to have another baby after all of this?” George was honestly frightened and more so worried. He was put on this Earth to protect to Penelope and he failed. Now he would have to tell her the terrible news and he’d have to watch her cry. Seeing Penelope cry was the worst experience in the world. It tore George’s heart apart to see that girl upset.

“Trust me, she’ll want to have another baby. She was so excited. Nervous, but excited. Every time I would bring the baby up she’d turn this bright shade of red and her smile would be so bright.” Fred rested his hand on his brother’s back, “Everything will work itself out.”

“Fred, I really wanted to become a father.” George’s cried could be heard throughout The Burrow.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry it's taken me so long to get this out.
Subscribers?
Comments?