Status: On hiatus until I freaking see the second part to DH.

Gorgeous Nightmare

Chapter Seven

Arthur came running into the dimly lit kitchen. His eyes were wide. One could fit a telephone pole in his mouth. He was surprised to say the least. “You are pregnant?” he shouted.

Penelope leaned her head on the edge of the counter. Fred was still rubbing her back trying to calm her down.

“I don’t know Arthur. I heard the same thing. My Georgie is going to be a father and you haven’t told anybody but his brother?” Molly seemed both confused and angry. For whatever reason, neither Fred nor Penelope knew why.

“Penelope, we’ve taken you into our home, we’ve fed you from our table, and you can’t even tell us something this important? What have we ever done to deserve this?” Arthur asked appearing sad.

Finally, Fred interjected, “Mum, Dad, she was going to tell him. She was just waiting for the right time. If you haven’t realized there is a war raging around us.” Fred began to talk with his hand, throwing them about, “It’s hard enough surviving on your own and now she has an unborn baby to protect. She’s scared.”

By this time Hermoine, Ron, Remus, Tonks, Fleur, and Bill were gathered at the entry way to the doorway. Seconds later a seventh body came pushing through them all.

George stood in the kitchen looking astonished. Blood was still gushing from his ear and his eyes were droopy, “Is this true, Pen? A baby?”

Penelope felt the bile rose up in her throat once again. She wiped her mouth and turned towards George prepared to speak finally, “I’m sorry.” That was all she could think to say. “I’m really sorry.”

“Sorry? Why should you be sorry? This is wonderful.” Just by one look at George and anybody could tell he was about to faint. His voice was fading and his eyes were rolling into the back of his head. Bill ran up behind him to catch him as he fell towards the linoleum floor.

“I’m going to put him in back on the couch,” Bill mumbled as he pushed back through the crowd at the door.

Molly followed Bill through the entry way with bandages in one hand and a hot rag in the other. Arthur sat at the table with his head in his hands. Hermoine and Fleur looked like they were about to cry. Harry looked happy for some strange reason as did Ron.

That’s when both of them approached me. Harry spoke first, “I still have some money left over from the tournament. If you and George need any help at all…”

Penelope cut him off quickly, “I appreciate the offer, but I think George and I can manage. You are too kind Harry.” She wrapped her arms around him, giving him a gentle hug.

As she let go Ron stepped forward, pulling Penelope into a hug, one much stronger than the one she had given Harry. “I can’t believe I’m going to be an Uncle. This is going to be so wicked.”

Both Penelope and Fred shared a short giggle, “Let’s just pray he doesn’t have a sweet tooth like you, Ron.”

“If he does, watch out. Your baby may just turn into a chocolate frog,” Fred joined in, remembering the first time Ron has ever seen a chocolate frog. That light in his eye would never go away.

“I should probably go help Molly,” Penelope said he she slid past the boys and went back into the living room. By the time she approached the couch that George was laying on, his head was already bandaged up and he was sound asleep. He looked so peaceful and serene.

Molly stood up and strode over towards Penelope, “I just want to apologize. I truly am happy for the both of you and if you need anything, I’m always here for you.”

“Thank you Mrs. Weasley. I am forever grateful for you and Arthur. Please don’t ever forget that.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?
Subscribers?
This is one of my favorite chapters by far.
Thank you xxcitystreets for the help.
I am forever bloody grateful for you!