Sequel: Turn Left

Edge of Seventeen

Let's throw a party, set something on fire and have tons of hot sweaty sex.

“What?” was the singer’s response to my snide remark, “I know I’m drunk, but not drunk enough to forget I have another sister.”

“Well you must be Matt then,” I grinned, “And I’m only adopted. Take the whole you not knowing thing up with our parents.”

Matt stared at me wide eyed, so I sighed, walked over to the green eyed guitarist, grabbed his beer, took a sip handed it back to him and sat on the run down couch.

“So… you gonna introduce me or what?” they all just stared at me as if they weren’t quite sure what to make of me. The drummer who had fallen earlier bounced over and sat next to me.

“I’m Jimmy!” he said happily. I returned his bright smile with my own.

“Nice to meet’cha Jimmy! Who is everyone else or do they not know how to talk?” I asked looking around.

“Well, the green –eyed pouting one you stole the beer from is Zacky. The ever-so graceful brown-eyed one is Brian and the soon-to-die for knocking over my tower one is Johnny,” he said, pointing each one out.

“Hey!” “Dude!” “Really?” all went around the group causing me to laugh.

I giggled. I already liked this Jimmy character.

“Wait, wait, and wait!” Matt yelled, “What?”

“Your mom and dad decided to adopt, so they went to the home I was living in, met me and decided to adopt me,” I said slowly, as if talking to a two year old, “So then the evil social worker bitch brought me here and now here we are.”

Matt glared at me and Jimmy laughed maniacally.

“I’ll be right back,” Matt growled before storming out of the garage.

I burst out laughing and so did Jimmy.

“That was fucking hilarious!” he cackled high-fiving me.

“Oh god, there’s two of them now,” Johnny groaned, pulling his bass off and setting it on a stand. The other two did the same and the one called Zacky sat next to me and Brian shoved Johnny off where he had sat on the couch to sit next to Jimmy.

“So uh… how old are you?” Brian asked, looking over at me and checking me out.
“First, no way in hell,” I replied, “Second, sixteen.”

Brian blushed, Jimmy kept laughing and the other two just looked at us like we were crazy. I just reached over and stole another sip of Zack’s beer. He furrowed his eyebrows and pouted at me.

“Stop that!” he sulked, snagging the bottle back. So I decided to give him a taste of his own medicine and pouted myself, looking over at him with sad, moist eyes. No one could beat my pouts, puppy dog or sad.

Zack looked at me and anyone could see his resolve break. He sighed and handed the bottle back to me and I squealed with delight before hugging him and kissing his cheek. He blushed and I took a few bigger sips and rested my head on his shoulder.

“You’re my new best friend!” I grinned, punctuating my sentence with another big sip.

“Hey!” Jimmy exclaimed, his pout almost rivaling my own, ‘I thought I was!”

I giggled and leaned over to hug him, “Well, you didn’t give me beer, but don’t worry, you’re still up there.”

“Fiiinee,” he pouted dejectedly as I leaned my head on his shoulder and propped my feet up on Zack’s lap.

“So… How tall are you?” Johnny asked from his spot standing in front of us.

“Five two…?” I said confused by the question.

“Yes! Finally, someone shorter and younger than me!” He squealed, victory punching the air.
I glared at him, but couldn’t say anything since Matt came storming back in.

“I uh, uhm… They need you back in there,” He muttered towards me, moving over to grab a beer from a cooler I hadn’t noticed.

I quickly chugged the rest of my beer and handed the empty bottle back to Zack and stood up stretching as I did so.

“I… I’m sorry about being a jerk… by the way,” Matt smiled sheepishly, extending a hand to me.

“S’Okay. It was a shock no BFD,” I smiled shaking his hand before pulling him in for a quick, slightly awkward hug. He tensed for a second before quickly hugging back. I pulled back and quickly walked over to kick Johnny in the shin.

“Fuck! What was that for?” he cursed, doubling over and grabbing his leg.

“Now I’m taller,” I chirped before skipping out of the garage.

“Dude, your sister is hot,” I heard one of the guys say as I closed the door. I had a satisfied smirk as I heard a loud resounding smack in response.

I shook my head and walked back the way I had come to the living room. The Sanders weren’t even trying to look happy anymore, and Caitlyn stood there with her arms crossed looking around impatiently. I cleared my throat and all eyes were quickly on me. The Sanders smiled and Caitlyn just narrowed her eyes at me.

“Yes?” I said in my sweetest voice ever. Anyone who actually knew me would hear the venom underneath it. I really wanted Caitlyn to leave.

“Everything is all set but I’ll be coming back in a week to check up on things. Make sure you haven’t caused too much damage.” She said warningly. I rolled my eyes.

“There goes my plan to throw a party, set something on fire and have tons of hot sweaty sex.” I said sarcastically. Okay, I know I probably shouldn’t have said that but damn she was pissing me off. I figured I’d have horrified looks from my new parents but Kim seemed to be stifling a giggle.

“Oh so, no different from our boys.” Gary said with a perfectly dead pan expression. I laughed silently. I really would fit in here quite well. Caitlyn’s glare said otherwise.

“I mean it, Ella, one complaint and I will have to find you a new home. And you’re possibilities are running out.” She sneered.

“I’m sure Ella will be perfectly fine here.” Kim said in a dismissive tone, “Now, if there is nothing else, I’m starting dinner soon and I’m sure you remember the way out.” It was all I could do to not fall on the floor laughing. See, I wasn’t the only one who thought that bitch was a complete monster. Caitlyn let out a huff and gathered her things.

“Well, have a nice day and I will be back.” She said before turning on heel and marching out. After we heard the door close, Kim let out a small growl.

“Normally, I try to give someone a chance but, I was ready to slap her.” She bit out. I nodded my head in agreement and she turned to me.

“Sweetie, would you mind telling the boys dinner will be ready in half an hour and ask if they’re staying for it?” she asked. Oh, I got to go back so soon? Sweet.

“Aiight, cool,” I said happily, holding a thumb up and finding my way back to the garage.
♠ ♠ ♠
ehhh too much effort