Sequel: Turn Left

Edge of Seventeen

I swear right now I'm right where I belong

When all of the boys said they wanted to stay for dinner, Kim decided we should all just go out to a buffet instead. I didn’t really understand her reasoning at first, but I went along, I mean I hadn’t eaten a full meal in three days, so I definitely wasn’t complaining. I had to change though, and I opted for one of my old dance dresses, that was a halter with a pastel blue and green shimmery tie-dye pattern, and a pair of tan kitten heel sandals. I figured it was tame enough to make a bit of a good impression. Though the boys were decked in head to toe black, including more eyeliner than me, I figured it was a good idea to look normal as I could, even if it was just for this one night.

When we got to the restaurant, I quickly found out why Kim suggested it. These boys could eat… Granted I was eating just as much. And I was enjoying myself when I noticed them staring at me.

“Can I help you?” I asked, not bothering to stop eating.

“How the hell are you eating all of that? There is no way a girl of your size can eat that much!” Brian said, clearly perturbed by the whole thing.

“Wanna bet?” I asked, smirking at him.

“Fine. Ice cream eat-off with Jimmy.” Zacky declared. I shrugged.

“Sounds good. Jimmy?” I questioned looking at him. He grinned and pushed his plate out of the way.

“It’s on like Donkey Kong!” he slid his chair back and stood.

“Fine, just let me finish eating first,” I said going back to the food on my plate.

“You’re gonna eat all that, and try and beat Jimmy?” Matt asked incredulously from his seat next to me.

I nodded slowly as if he were slow while shoveling Mac and cheese covered in more cheese into my mouth. I had to say Matt was turning out pretty awesome. He insisted on me riding over with him and Zack in his car. We talked a lot about music and found we had somewhat similar taste, him and Zack liking rougher metal whereas I liked the more eerie metal with classical influences, such as strings or brass. Zack was pretty cool as well, and definitely adorable beyond belief, but he’s probably never gonna know that. I mean, he’s my brother friend… just a little awkward.

“Dude, you are my new idol,” Zack said from the other side of me.

“Why thank you, thank you very much,” I said in a cheap Elvis impersonation.

Everyone at the table laughed and I finished my food. As soon as I finished, Kim and Gary left saying they didn’t want anything to do with the madness and told Matt to have me home soon. He just waved them off and brought me ice cream along with everybody else. Jimmy and I had a bunch of bowls in front of us and Johnny, the only one with a cell phone, timed us and yelled go. I beat Jimmy, by not only finishing the ten bowls, but finishing in only two minutes.

I felt a little sick, but the appalled looks of the boys was worth it.

“Shit!” Jimmy groaned before running off to the bathroom.

“Fucking hell girl,” Zack grinned, high fiving me, as Matt and Johnny went to check on Jimmy, “I’ve never seen someone beat Jimmy! How do you do that?”

I chuckled shallowly, “I lived with two guys who are even bigger than that hulk over there,” I said motioning to Matt, “Who are Greek. I’m used to eating lot. Plus I haven’t eaten a meal like that in weeks. Yum!” I rubbed my full tummy, “Feels nice dude.”

Zack and Brian chuckled.

“Yeah, that’s why we’re staying with our parents; they feed us for free,” Brian smirked, “Paying for food on tour sucks.”

I just rolled my eyes, propped my feet up in his lap and used Zack as a pillow, closing my eyes and waiting for Matt to take me home. I was in major need of some Tums, but I’d be damned if I let them know that.

“I call for a rematch!” Jimmy said fiercely, coming back from the bathroom. My tummy protested the very thought. Barely suppressing a shudder, I shook my head.

“Nope, I was victorious and now I want nap. Mattie, take me home?” I pouted. With a sigh, he stood up. I sat up and turned to Zacky.

“Carry me?” I asked, holding out my arms. He smiled a bit and lifted me into the air. Yes! Not even a day and I already had these boys wrapped around my finger. But then, it was me. I seemed to be abnormally good at getting guys to do want I wanted. Or as Alec would often point out I ‘use my sexy body to twist a man until he has no choice but to obey’.

“So, uh, Mom said that we’re taking you shopping tomorrow,” Matt said to fill the silence as we strolled to the car, “For like paint and shit. But the day after I was wondering if you’d want to come to the studio with us?”

“You want me to tag along so I can bitch and moan about how your music makes my brain twitch?” I quipped.

“I… uh… yes?”

“Are you always this articulate?”

Matt looked flustered and confused. Zacky and I just laughed.

“Was that a Hercules reference?” Zack asked.

“Yes, Yes it was,” I grinned.

“You watch Disney movies Zacky?” Matt jibed, obviously trying to regain some manly pride.
“I have a younger brother you know,” Zack replied.

“He’s not that much younger,” Matt teased.

Zack pouted and I wrapped my arms around his neck, “It’s okay Zacky. I like Disney movies and think it’s cool that you’re manly enough to watch them.”

Zacky smirked but said nothing as we made it to the car.

“Shotgun!” I suddenly called out. Matt groaned.

“Really? You’re really calling shotgun?” he asked.

“Well, would you rather me say I’m driving?” I asked only slightly joking. Truth was, I was a fantastic driver. Alec and Xander made sure of that as soon as I was old enough to get behind the wheel. Matt, however, seemed frightened at the thought.

“No, no, shotgun’s fine. I love that you called shotgun.” He said quickly. I glared at him playfully.

“And just for that, I’m gonna make you take me to the zoo sometime soon.” I declared. He groaned again.

“Just be glad I’m not making you take me to the mall.” I offered. His eyes widened.
“No, zoo’s fantastic. I love the zoo!” he said quickly again. Zacky laughed.

“Dude, one day and she’s already got you wrapped around her finger.” He pointed out gleefully. Matt glared and went to smack him. Zacky just danced out of the way. I pouted and climbed into the car after Matt unlocked it. Zack slid into the back seat and I quickly flipped myself around the seat to punch him hard in the shoulder.

“What the fuck?” Zack bellowed, grabbing his shoulder.

“That’s for being mean to my big brother,” I smirked cutely as I turned around and put my seatbelt on. I saw Matt look over and smile at me generously and I knew that I had finally found where I belonged.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to my Vi Bear who's my only commenter.
I'm like in love with this story right now
comments? suggestions? sex?