Sequel: Camille
Status: Complete.

Dear God

Quatorze

Sometimes people change. Sometimes they change for the better and then they change for the best, or their idea of best. It’s been a week and a half since Casey and Blaine became ‘official’ and neither of them could have been happier; though a little eight year old girl could. Dawn’s condition had been getting worse and her monthly check ups, more frequent. She had accepted the fact that something was wrong with her, despite her family’s attempt to act oblivious towards it when she was around. She may have been eight but she had always been a bright little girl. She noticed how cautious her mum was about her and how she had been giving into her arguments and requests much more easily lately.

[~*][~*][~*][~*]

The sole of Dawn’s feet picked up mud as she bounded through her backyard. She was drenched from head to toe but that didn’t stop her brother from chasing after her with his years old water gun. She let out a shriek as cold needles of water met her back. Her yellow, polka-dotted sundress had become heavier and her curly brown hair, straighter and three shades darker. She used her hands in a weak attempt to shield herself. Of course it didn’t work and only encouraged him more. The light breeze wafting through wasn’t helping either.

“Blaine, look!” Dawn exclaimed.

Naturally, he turned around not noticing the evil little girl tackle him. Since he was ‘taken off guard’ he was knocked to the ground, bringing her along with him. She sat proudly, legs crossed on his chest.

“I can’t believe I fell for that”

“I can’t either” she giggled.

“Get off! You’re getting my clothes wet” He whined. Dawn just grinned but Blaine’s phone rang, bringing her victory to an end.

A smile broke out on Blaine’s face when he saw the name and picture of the girl making a funny face pop up on his screen.

“Hey Case” He answered.

As he continued his mushy and overly-cliché phone call, Dawn picked at the freshly cut grass. She knew what happens. They’re having fun, Casey calls and the Blaine leaves. It’s happened so many times, it could be considered a routine. It wasn’t that she didn’t like his girlfriend it was more the fact that it took years for him to finally care about her and she didn’t want anyone to take that away from her. So she sat their dejected waiting for him to come out and tell her he has to meet up with Casey. ‘Great’ she thought angrily when one problem is solved and another takes its place.

‘Three…two…one’

“Dawn, um-I gotta go. Me and Ca-Dawn?” Blaine walked back and was in the middle of explaining to his little sister when he noticed the angry scowl painted across her face and her hands clenched into fists.

“Dawn? Are you alright?” He asked.

“Just fine. Have fun with Casey” She said quickly and curtly before getting up and going inside, leaving her brother standing there, utterly confused.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys (:

i decided that i should do something productive with my day since i didn't go to school today.
Anyways. i don't really have anything to say right now.

Enjoy (: Feedback is appreciated, so are subcriptions :D