Sequel: Camille
Status: Complete.

Dear God

Vingt

It’s been a while since the Quinton kids were home alone. At first it was because they couldn’t trust Blaine to take care of Dawn because of his immature dislike towards her. Now it’s because they couldn’t trust Blaine to take care of her in case something happens. Today was an exception. It was a weekend so all the reliable babysitters were busy.

“Are you sure, you kids will be alright?” There was no way Patricia could enjoy tonight, she was much too worried. She did opt to stay home but it’s a formal dinner at the Clive’s that she needs to attend before anymore talk about their family starts up.

‘Oh, I heard that her oldest is on drugs’

‘I thought he knocked that girl he’s always with up’

‘Didn’t she have the cancer daughter? The poor dear’


Everything swirled round in her head, she didn’t want to hear people talk about her or her family but she wasn’t deaf and they weren’t very subtle about everything. When she walked through the aisles of the local grocery store or when she went for her morning walk, she could hear the whispers start up. She knew none of them were true but that didn’t mean they weren’t unnerving. The fact that they had suddenly become the centre of attention through a few stay-at-home days was unnerving.

“Don’t worry Hun, they’ll be fine” Marcus cooed into his wife ear and gently kissed her hair.

“Are you sure?”

“We can handle it. Stop treating us like little kids.” Blaine snapped.

Patricia knew that she shouldn’t let his comments sting but they did. She could understand why he was annoyed but she was doing what she thought was best. She thought trying to protect them from the truth was the best so she did it. Her intentions were never to hurt him. She was already losing one child, she didn’t want to lose the other.

“Blaine” Marcus warned, his tone curt. He could understand where his son and wife were both coming from. He didn’t agree with either but he understood them. He didn’t want to have to choose between his wife and his son. Patricia was his wife, his love. Blaine was his son and prodigy. Why should he have to choose between the two when it was his daughter that was the one suffering? He had decided, he was on her side and no one else’s.

Dawn was starting to get wary with the shenanigans going on at home. She didn’t want to watch it happen. It gave her the helpless feeling she had whenever. Sometimes she felt like she was an outsider watching the events in her family occur through a thick glass window. The conflict may be concerning her but that didn’t mean her concerns were taken into account. She was just there.

[~*][~*][~*][~*]

They sat there awkwardly. No words exchanged. They just sat there staring at the TV even though it wasn’t turned on. You could almost hear the crickets chirp.

“You know what we should do?” He suddenly cut through the thick silence. Not waiting for an answer, Blaine continued, “We should go rent a movie”

“But mummy said we aren’t supposed to leave the house. You know she’s just going to start panicking”

“So? Besides what she doesn’t know, won’t kill her”

“That’s what they all say in the movies and it usually ends up badly” She stated.

“Shut up and grab a coat” He said with an air of finality. He got up to put on his shoes while Dawn made her way up the stairs, still very unsure about everything.

The DVD shop wasn’t huge or glamorous but they had almost everything and that made it good enough in the Quinton’s book. Blaine scanned the shelves for something to watch.
“Um. You want to watch 16 wishes or something?” Blaine asked, not really knowing what
little girls watched. Dawn rolled her eyes at her brother at the Disney section.

“Can’t we get these?”

“No? Those are R rated”

“So?”

“So that means you have to be a certain age to watch them” There was no way in hell that he
was going to let his little sister watch movies like those.

“That’s such crap” She grumbled under her breath, not pleased one bit.
Blaine’s eyebrows shot up, “What did you just say?” he exclaimed.

“Nothing”

“Really?” He wasn’t sure whether he should be proud or scared that he’d been starting to rub off on her more and more. It took a bit of pondering and consideration before he gave in.

“You really want to watch these movies?”

“Yes! Please?”

“You know mum’s going to go berserk right?”

“What she doesn’t know, won’t hurt her”

[~*][~*][~*][~*]

“We need some really cool snacks for the movie” Dawn declared.

Which led to them nearly burning the house down.

Blaine gathered all the junk food he could find. Cookies, chocolate chips, gummy bears, whipped cream, cupcakes, muffins, syrup, ice cream, etc.

“Ok, you get the food and I’ll do the drinks” Blaine said.

Dawn got out a large serving plate and got down to work. She spread out the cookies as a
base and added a layer of whipped cream. She sprinkled on some chocolate ships and shredded cupcakes. Then came a layer of icing and gummy bears. She cut up slices of cake and muffins to add onto the pile of food. She sprayed another layer of whipped cream and sprinkled coco powder on top. She continued to work on her masterpiece as did Blaine.

Blaine re checked all his ingredients; Vanilla ice cream, Hersheys chocolate syrup, milk, chocolate milk, chocolate, vanilla essence. He blended them all together, leaving with an alright looking, mega unhealthy drink. Of course leaving it like that would be no fun so he added in more. BBQ sauce, green food colouring, orange juice, grapes, butter, sugar, salt, pepper, lemons, etc.

It was safe to say that he had created a pretty disgusting drink but no, he wasn’t done. He decided to heat it up but rather than using a microwave, he used the stove which he also forgot to turn off. It probably wouldn’t have been that bad if he hadn’t forgot to move his used tissue away from the stove.

Which led to the house nearly burning down.

Being the resourceful kids they are, they managed to stop it, watch the movie and eat and drink their creations but that didn’t mean they didn’t get grounded and prohibited from the kitchen for quite a while. Atleast Dawn get’s to tick off numbers eight and nine of her list.
♠ ♠ ♠
Holy crap. over a 1000 words. yeah i think the chapters long enough, no need for a huge AN eh? Anyways my fingers are cramping so CIAO :)

Ps. i think this deserves some comments dont you?