Sequel: Camille
Status: Complete.

Dear God

Vingt-Six

Walking into the ward, the first thing you’d notice is the little girl, so full of life, she’d stand out compared to everything dull and white in the room. She wanted to be strong. She needed to be strong for everyone else; to show them she was really okay but there’s only so long you can keep up a façade. Two weeks had passed and no such progress had been made. If possible, everything had gone backwards. Her once beautiful brown hair had now lost the lively, bouncy sheen it once possessed. Instead it was a mass of mere inconvenience, just another thing she had to take care of. Her eyes lost their sparkle and instead fashioned deep purple bags. After every day, her skin was one step closer to a pasty white, a sickly white. It was safe to say, she wasn’t convincing anyone.

Dawn allowed her eyes to slowly travel to the figure coming through the door. Blaine. The corners of her mouth twitched, slightly when she saw him. She knew she couldn’t stay mad at him for long. She wasn’t one to hold a grudge especially when he looked so helpless. She could still remember that day. He ambled in, shoulders slouched, eyes red and basically a mess. He apologized continuously, mumbling about he didn’t deserve such a good sister and how he and Casey were now on a break. She did feel the guilt creeping when she heard that. She wasn’t happy that they were ‘on a break’. She didn’t mean for that to happen but honestly, she didn’t even know what she wanted anymore so she said nothing. She just tightened her embrace around him, if possible. He told her that he’d figure out whatever was happening with Casey but right now it was her that deserved his undivided attention.

True to his promise, he had been coming in everyday after school to visit and occasionally, didn’t even leave ‘til the next morning.

Blaine strolled over to where his baby sister lay. He leaned down and kissed her forehead,

“Hey, how are you feeling?”

“No different.”

Blaine frowned for a second before an idea struck him,

“I’ll be right back, okay?”

“Hmm.”

Dawn watched his retreating figure. She shut her eyes, letting them rest for a moment. It
was a while before Blaine finally walked back in.

“C’mon, go get changed.” He dropped a pile of clothes on her before turning to leave again.

He noticed she hadn’t moved but simply blinked, unsure of what he meant.

“Change…” He dragged out, nudging her slightly.

Blinking again, she responded, “Why?”

“We’re going out.” He stated, letting the door slam softly as he went.

Dawn wasn’t sure where he was going with this but did as he said, nonetheless. She slipped into the plaid shorts and Orange Bratz top. It was hard to believe the clothes actually belonged to her. It seemed like they were bought for someone twice her size. The shirt that used to fir her so well, now anything but clung to her sides. She wasn’t complaining though, anything was better than a paper bag. Luckily, the shorts had an adjustable waist.

Dawn didn’t question her brother as he pulled her along the narrow hallway, right out the hospital doors. It was almost painful to breathe in the fresh air. Her eyes burned slightly, adjusting to the natural light. It had been so long since she had gone; she almost forgot how vibrant and un-pale the colours of the world really were.

Blaine lead her to his car, “C’mon, we’re going out.”

Dawn’s head snapped towards him, “What?” Obvious confusion laced the word.

“Hurry up and get in, I’m only allowed to take you out for an hour.” He informed her.

[~*][~*][~*][~*]

Dawn could feel the excitement gradually build up as the world passed by her. She missed the twinkling shop lights and the sound of traffic. She almost forgot how many cars littered the streets. She loved watching the view blur and merge together with the next thing she saw.

The car finally halted to a stop. The first that caught her attention was a guy wearing everything in shades of yellow. He looked like a walking omelet. The second thing, of course was the large sign reading:

Alfred’s Candy Shop.

It was a completely Blaine thing to do. Bring her to a candy shop while she was ‘sick’. Not that she was complaining.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys...

I have no excuse to why this is so late. so i wont bother making up crap. I wanted this to be longer to make up for it but i'm updating my other story/s too so yeahh... besides i don't have that much time. This actually took me ages to write cause i wasn't sure where i was going to go with this chapter.

So i recently discovered wattpad ;) And thats been distracting me from mibba which i havent been on for a while. So anyone have good story suggestiong, message me?

ALSO. i'd just like to add i really hope you guys stick with me, or atleast this story. this one's really special to me cause it's my first. I know updates are really slow but i have finals starting (which im meant to be studying for now ;P ) but after that they should be waaay more frequent. especially cause im not doing much for the break. so this should be finished by june/july?

Comments? x