Sequel: Camille
Status: Complete.

Dear God

Vignt-Huit

Days soon faded into weeks and the toll of everything suddenly came crashing down on Dawn. Her and Blaine could no longer risk going on adventures like they used to, she was too weak for it. She couldn’t run away as Mr. Fergus chased after her for dying his pool blue. She didn’t have the energy to smirk at the old ladies giving her disapproving looks for her pink hair. Even laughing for too long brought her pain. She was slowly being drained.

[~*][~*][~*][~*]

Casey smiled down at the curly haired girl, trying not to let the sadness seep through. They talked, they understood and they agreed; all differences aside for the sake of Blaine.

“How are you?”

“Pretty bad.” She replied blatantly.

“Oh, sweetie. Don’t talk like that.”

“Why not? Everyone else does. It’s not like I’m deaf too. I can hear the nurses’ whisper and my mum wail. I’m not a little kid, I know what’s going on.”

Casey bit her lip in anticipation. She wasn’t sure how to reply to that. She learned quickly not to underestimate Dawn; she was definitely more mature for her age. Her heart went out to her for having to grow up so quickly, it must have been one terrible awakening.

“Well-uh, your families coming in now.” She felt it wasn’t her place to have this conversation so she left.

The door didn’t even slam shut before her mother entered, her glossy eyes betraying any hope of a strong façade she wanted.

“Honey, how’re you feeling?”

“Pretty bad.” She knew the drill. Everyone came in. Everyone cried. Everyone asked how she was. She didn’t want to sound insensitive or of the sort but why should she comfort someone else for the loss of her own life? She could understand her mother and her father and even her brother but not everyone else. She had her friends come in, all teary eyed. She had her teachers come in, her neighbours’ and practically everyone else who felt obliged to visit.

Patricia felt her lips tremble. She had never cried this much in her life. She wanted to be strong for her only daughter, her love, but she couldn’t. What mother could face this with a smile on her face?

She sat down next to Dawn, pulling her into her chest and just holding her as they both shed their silent woes.

[~*][~*][~*][~*]

The Quinton family all sat around, cramped in the tiny hospital room. Blaine sat on the bed with his arm slung around his baby sister. Sometimes he would be scared to embrace her, she seemed so fragile now, almost breakable. He knew she wouldn’t want that though. She hated how everyone was treading on eggshells around her.

Every night the family would gather to play a new game; tonight’s is Monopoly.

“Pay up Dad!” Blaine said while smirking, he was so winning.

Marcus Quinton, reluctantly handed over the money, all whilst grumbling about the ‘cheekiness of this generation.’

Another hour passed and now it was Dawn that was winning.

Another hour passed and now it was A-Trip-Down-Memory-Lane-Time.

Another hour passed and everyone just talked.

“Hey Blaine?”

“Hmm?”

“I really like Casey. “

He turned to half-smile down at her, “Yeah?”

“Yeah” She whispered back, “She’s really nice and good for you.”

“Good for me?”

“Mmhmm. She’s pretty. So if you do end up marrying her, you won’t need to worry about ugly kids.”

Blaine let out a gasp and in mock outrage said, “That was un-cool. I’m completely pretty”

He looked around to the others for help, “Mu-um! Don’t you think I’m pretty?”

Dawn let out a little giggle but soon regretted it as she started to cough heavily. Everyone rushed to her, making sure she was fine.

Patricia smiled, these were perfect moments. The ones she’d remember. It may not be the best setting but it was her fairytale. Her wonderful family all happy together.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys! Another updatee woot :) I'm sad to say this is coming to an end. one more chapter after this and then an epilogue i guess. Im sorry i had to kind of jump bits of the story but i really didn't know how to write them and i felt it would drag everything on which i think has been happening. I love this story cause it's my first but Dear God needs to end, i can just feel it. Maybe at some point during the summer or whenever, i'll re write it completely and add more detail,etc. basically try and perfect it but not now. I have other ideas in my head that i need to get out. so this should be finished by this week and i've got an idea for a spin off. What do you guys think? it won't be related to this story though. so let me know what you think!