Sequel: Camille
Status: Complete.

Dear God

Cinq

“Mrs. Quinton, could I talk to you outside for a moment?”

Dawn was sitting in the unnaturally white room, fidgeting in her seat. She didn’t like her, much too frequent, visits to the doctors; lollipops or not.

“Congenital Heart Disease is a birth defect which is in most cases not fatal. Some children are born with problems with their heart’s structure. Dawn’s heart was doing so well that we didn’t notice it get worse but it has. If we’re lucky everything will get better as time passes but if it gets too severe then we may have to operate.”

Patricia nodded, her cheeks stained with fresh, salty tears. She couldn’t believe it.

“My, My baby…” She whispered.

“I know this can be hard but try to act as normal as possible around her”

“She’s so young, so little. She should have her whole life ahead of her”

“Pray that she will” Dr. Patel said solemnly.

[~*][~*][~*][~*]

Blaine walked into his house and instantly regretted. The atmosphere just felt wrong; it was silence blanketed with tension. He slowly walked towards the stairs, watching his mum carefully. She was being held by his dad and she was a mess.

“Ok, what’s up? Who died” He joked.

When he heard his mum let out a sob, he wished he could take it back.

“D-D-Da. D-awn, sh- she…” She couldn’t finish it.

He stood their shocked.

“What. Dawn?”

“Don’t look so happy Blaine. She’s not dead” Patricia snapped at him then whispered
something but he caught it. He caught the ‘Yet’.

The confusion replaced the worry. His parents really thought that low of him? He didn’t like her but he had a heart. And what did she mean by yet?
♠ ♠ ♠
Yess. i know it's short. it's meant to be.
well, now you know whats up :)
i don't know if you guys noticed but im trying to use more speech :D

Comments. Please?