Sequel: Camille
Status: Complete.

Dear God

Six

Dear God,

Mummy’s really upset. She’s always crying. Did I make her cry?

Love

Dawn


[~*][~*][~*][~*]

Blaine felt restless.
His dad had explained what was going on and he felt restless. He was feeling something he couldn’t describe. It was like was something was suddenly crushing his chest, making it feel heavier and harder to breathe. He felt guilty. It was an emotion he wasn’t accustomed to.

“Ugh!” He punched his bedroom wall. He didn’t know why he was like this or why he was like that with Dawn; mean, horrible and a bad brother. He wanted to be nicer but he can’t bring himself to doing it. She was the reason he became invisible. He might as well have planned his own 10th surprise birthday because his parents were much too busy with Dawn to do anything. They couldn’t come to his football games either because Dawn wasn’t feeling well. It didn’t matter how much he tried to get their attention, it just didn’t work. He started rebelling and got sent to the principals on a weekly basis but they weren’t able to come to school to find out what happened.
‘No’, he remembered bitterly. ‘They just yelled at me when I came home’ and even then, most the time they didn’t bother asking why he was in trouble. After a while they stopped altogether, it had just become a routine.

He sighed. Being nice isn’t as easy as everyone says. You want to be nice but then they say something to set you off. It’s like waking up for school every morning, thinking that today you’re going to go to bed early but you just never do. He was watching Dawn live his life from the sidelines and he didn’t like it.

“Blaine!” he heard his father call, breaking him from his train of thought.

“Yeah?”

“Me and your mum are working late tomorrow, can you pick Dawn up from school tomorrow?”

“I guess”

[~*][~*][~*][~*]

He couldn’t sleep. He’d been tossing and turning for ages now. He sighed and got up, leaving his room to find a midnight snack. On his way to the stairs he could hear a faint noise coming from Dawn’s room. Curious, he went to check on her.
Dawn was having a nightmare; she kept whimpering and moving around.

“n-no. don’t” she kept muttering over and over again.

Blaine sat down onto the edge of her bed and gently shook her. She let out a high pitched scream. He shushed her and placed his hand over her mouth. After seeing her wide eyes he reassured her it was just him.

“Stop panicking, you were having a bad dream. Are you alright?” he asked the last part awkwardly.

It wasn’t the fact that she woke up to find someone in her room that got her wide eyed and speechless; it was the fact that it was her brother of all people. And he was being nice too. She nodded, unable to say anything. It seems dramatic but after years of resentment, anyone would feel that way.

[~*][~*][~*][~*]

It was a bright sunny afternoon when Blaine walked out of the school doors. He was having a better than normal day. He even remembered he had to pick up Dawn.

“We’re all heading to John’s, you coming?”

He hesitated,”Um. I don’t think I can, gotta be somewhere.”

Caleb shrugged his shoulders and walked off.

“Whatever you say” He called from over his shoulder.

He continued walking over to his car, it was nothing special or flashy but he didn’t mind all that much. He was about to start the ignition when he realized, he was out of gas. Of all times for him to forget gas, it’s today. He was going to start redeeming himself today but no, fate has other plans. He let his head drop onto the steering wheel and closed his eyes.

[~*][~*][~*][~*]

HONK

His head shot up.

“Huh?”

“you just gonna’ sit there all day or actually move?” Casey questioned.
Casey. Maybe fate doesn’t hate him as much as he thought.

“Peterson. I need a favour”

“No”

“You don’t even know what I’m going to say” He exclaimed.

“Yeah but I’m not in the helping kinda mood and I’m not changing that for you of all people”

“Ouch”

“Suck it up”

He sighed. “Look. My seven year old sister is waiting for me to pick her up. I need a ride, I’m outta gas”

“I thought you were an only child?” now she was confused.

“I lied”

She wasn’t confused anymore.

“Ok, fine. But if there’s no little sister and this is all part of some sort of plan, I’m going to
kick your ass.”

“Deal” he said as he got into the passenger seat.

[~*][~*][~*][~*]

Dawn was absentmindedly picking at the grass as she waited. It has been about half an hour. She had been waiting in her muddy shirt for half an hour.
‘Jimmy Clarkson is a jerk’ she thought angrily. He had thrown mud at her for no absolute reason and he didn’t even get in trouble for it. To say she was annoyed was an understatement. And to top it all off, she’d been waiting for forever. She was outraged but she was a silent fumer; the more dangerous kind.

She heard fast footsteps approaching and panting.

“Hey. I’m here, I’m here.”

She just looked up and didn’t say anything.

“Look, my car’s outta gas ok?”

She got up silently and slung her bag over her shoulder.
The silent treatment, ‘Great’ he thought.

“Come on” and he grabbed her hand.

Casey was waiting for Blaine and the ‘sister’ to return so she could get rid of them and go home already. But she was shocked when she noticed the large and smaller figure making their way towards her car. She was cute. She had pale skin and muddy clothes. As they got closer she noticed the ocean blue eyes. She really existed. And they were really related. You could tell just by looking at them. Except for the hair, his was straight and hers wasn’t.

“Say hi to Casey, Dawn”

She just glared at her brother. She wasn’t a doll that he could keep under his bed and then one day decides to use again.

“Sorry. She’s pissed at me.” He explained.

“Aren’t we all Blaine, aren’t we all.”

He rolled his eyes and said “Well, thanks for the ride”

“Wait what?”

“We’ll walk”

“It’s ok you know, I don’t mind dropping you guys off”

“Nah, don’t worry about it”

He leaned in towards the rolled down window and gave her a kiss on her cheek. Before she could hurt him, he gave her a grin and walked off with Dawn tailing behind.
Casey was frozen. ‘What was that?’

[~*][~*][~*][~*]

“So how was school?”

No answer.

“Want Ice cream?”

No answer.

“well I want ice cream” He decided and took them to the nearest Ice Cream Parlor.

“One chocolate chip and one um…” He trailed off, not actually knowing what to get her. He looked at her, she was wearing pink. She wears pink a lot. ‘She likes pink so she must like strawberry then.’ He concluded.

“And one strawberry please”

[~*][~*][~*][~*]

Dawn made sure not to even touch her ice cream.

“I know you’re mad at me but you can eat it”

She just shook her head.

“Why do you have to be so difficult?” He exclaimed, letting the temper get the best of him.

“I’m allergic to strawberry” she said quietly.

Blaine was getting ready to yell at her but then faltered,

“Wait. What? Since when?” He couldn’t believe it, his sister was allergic to strawberry and
he didn’t know that.

“Since always”

He didn’t know what to say for a while.

“Do, um, do you want me to get you another one?” He asked

She suddenly stopped walking and for the first time, looked him in the eyes.

“Just because I’m dying, doesn’t mean you have to be nice to me”
♠ ♠ ♠
Woah. LONG chapter. I'm proud :) Heheh

Listening to:
From where you are-Lifehouse

Ommgsh so i found this cuuute picture for casey and blaine but i don't know how to get it up here so im just gonna copy and paste the link ;P

http://i32.tinypic.com/ejsos3.jpg