Status: Updates will come, if you can wait inbox me and they will come faster...

Protectors

Chapter 1: Blue

“Hello, I’m Sara. I guess you could call me a realist. I take things for their true value and nothing more. Many say this makes me cold, distant, cynical, but the best one so far would be a bitch. Yes, that had to be my favorite. Of course I know I’m not technically a bitch, the word is just another form of idiom used as a derogatory term for women. But in my mind a bitch takes no shit from anyone one. You may not like her, but you will respect her. You make try to avoid her, but you can’t ignore her. Bitches seek their identity strictly through themselves and what they do. They do not conforming to societal views and adhering to people’s ideas and moral only their own. They are subjects, not objects in a conversation. Yeah I do tend dominate other people, but if you’re not gonna led what are you standing in the front for?” I finished my introduction and sat down quietly waiting for the next person to stand up and introduce themselves.

I had just been accepted into The Dawn High School, for students wishing to train and fight against The Darkness. Did I really want to do this, no. But my mom the researcher thought it would be a good idea, and so did my father the solider. I just wanted to go back to America where I belonged with my friends and family. My parents taking me away from them had made me cold and distant. So because of that I wanted them and everyone around me to feel how I felt everyday in this wasteland miserable. I sat quiet in my seat waiting for the next person to stand and tell us one word about them and to then explain. The way people stared at me, with hate lined with envy in their eyes, wishing they could disconnect themselves the way I did, made the corners of my lips rise. They truly thought I was heartless, little did these pathetic people know my heart and mind were deeper than they could ever hope for theirs to be. Just because I was never one to come to be seen with red eyes and a long face showing the world how distraught I was didn’t mean I didn’t hurt inside. When it came to relationships if it worked it worked and if it failed it failed. This went for friendships and relationships. So no I wasn’t one to patiently pick up broken fragments and glue them together again and tell myself that the mended whole was as good as new. No, with something that fragile ultimate care should constantly be provided, and as of now I’m the person best suited to take care of such a thing.

Since no one had stood up yet our “Commander” choose someone. Just as he raised his short stumpy finger a carmel skinned girl ran into the room. She seemed rather distraught and clearly out of breath. Her hands instinctively went to her hair brushing down the fly aways, and then to her skirt and blouse. She was dressed well enough in a black skirt, white blouse and black tie with her dark brown hair in a loose bun. She looked sorta interesting, maybe I would befriend her, maybe.

"Hi I'm Blue sorry I'm late, i couldn't find the right room. This place is so big and every hallway looks-" The girl was cut off and her eyes got as wide as a deers in response.

"YOU!" Everyone jumped in their seats and the girl know as blue let out a little scream.

"You scared me. Why did you do that? That's not very nice! What if i screamed at you would you like that! HUH!?" Blue got louder and louder and so did the classes laughs. I definitely had to become her friend. The commander realized that he had really upset Blue and there was no sight of her stopping her tantrum anytime soon.

"I'm sorry young lady. You must not be from around here." She nodded her head. "Well, what ever the reason it doesn't matter now. Please tell us Your name and one word to describe you." Blue walked in front of the class room and smiled a big grin at the class.

"We'll like i said before I'm Blue Quartz. Yes like the stone, uh. One word to describe myself. Mhhmm let me think....Uh..." Many of the kids started laughing and talking about her. "Oh! I got it. One word would be-"

"Stupid." One guy yelled out and the class erupted in laughter and giggles. I shook my head waiting to see what little Blue was gonna do.

'No, i was gonna say SHORT TEMPERED! WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE CUTTING ME OFF AND CALLING ME STUPID. I'LL SHOW YOU STUPID!" After that Blue earned all respect from me, she leaped over the desk and her fist connected with the guy's face who had called her stupid. He tried to hit her back but she dodged. every counter attack he made. Again and again she hit him until he was begging for someone to get her off him. Seeing as the rest of the class was now terrified of her, i guess i had to do it. I got out of my seat and walked over to her and placed a hand on her shoulder.

"Ah!" I snatched my hand back. I had been shocked and hard. Still my touch had the desired effect she turned around and stopped pounding the boys face in. I never learned his name. From that moment on he was refereed to as stupid. Ironic huh?

"Hey are you alright? I think you should stop now." Blue looked up at me with bright hazel eyes.

"Yeah I think he learned his lesson." She started giggling. She looked so sweet and innocent when she wasn't mad.

"Yeah i think so too. Oh by the way I'm Sara." I held out my hand really to see if i was going to get shocked again.

"I'm Blue. Nice to meet you. Your like my first friend now then huh?" She grabbed my hand and shook it rather hard. I was disappointed to not find a little jolt.

"I guess so. Just for the record your my first friend too." The bell rang which meant it was time to go to our concentrations. Everyone had one, either weapons, fighting, planning, nursing, or assisting.

"So whats you con?" I looked at Blue as we walked outside of the room into the hallway.

"Con? Like pro and con. Oh, you mean concentration. Ha ha. It's fighting of course." She put her fists up and punched the air a couple of times. This girl was a bundle of joy. "What's yours?"

"It's also fighting. My parents made me train before coming here." Blue stopped and did some type of silly dance, jumping up and down like a child.

"Now way, mine too. This is gonna be so much fun! You know when i got here i was a little nervous." I glanced over at her as we made our way to the fighting district of the schools base.

"I can picture you being nervous. But i was too. And you right i think this will be....fun."
♠ ♠ ♠
tell me if i should continue plz. thanks xoxo,