Status: Updates will come, if you can wait inbox me and they will come faster...

Protectors

Failure equals success

As we walked down the hallways toward the arena Blue and I got to know each other. I drifted in and out seeing as how she would jump on and off of subject but I got the bases. She was 18, an only child, she was raised by her father, he was in charge of the fighters at the school. that was the majority of her schooling learning how to attack, her father thought the school would help her defensive skills, everything else was a blur. Still I loosely focused on our convo incase anything about the shock I felt earlier came up, it never did.

As we entered the area other student began filling in as well. There were a mix of different guys and girls, many of them I had never seen before. In my other classes people with the same concentration we also enrolled, but this was different.
“Hey Clue!” Blue began walking towards a tall, tanned guy in kakis and a tank top. I walked along side her for the greeting.

“Hey sis!” I looked back at her. SIS?? She told me she was an only child, could I trust this girl? I dint know, but I needed to find out.

“I thought you were an only child.” Blue glance at me from over her shoulder. I had stopped walking beside her no longer trusting her and noting wanting her next to me.

“Oh that. Yeah I am. Me and Clue are-”Blue was cut off by Clue and I send me a much needed side glare.

“Let the FC explain that to her Blue. Don’t want to spoil the surprise.” Clue shot me a grin.
“I was never one for surprises.” I began walking towards the center of the arena with the rest of the students. Blue just shrugged her shoulders and continued to dance beside me. It was strange how every move she made looked like a dance, so fluid and harmonious.

As we stood with the other kids I listened to the chatter and waited for our instructor, the FC, fighting commander, i.e., Blue’s dad. The chatter died down as a man brown skinned man walked into the arena. His movement reminded me of Blue’s but instead of a dance his movements were like water, smooth and powerful. Would Blue be like this in a few years?

“Greetings students. I know some of you are wondering about the new faces. This is our Guardian Division. Does anyone her know about the legend of the guardians.” A random hand attached to a random person shot up from the flock of students. “Yes Malena.”

“The legend states that in a time of great darkens seven guardians will rise up and save the world from darkness. The will emerge from the light and shower the world in it, with help form the Book of the Guardians Commander.” I looked at the girl. I had never heard of this ‘legend of these guardians’.

“Correct. Our government has been doing research about these guardians and discovered after years of research and experiments that the legends are true and the guardians exist” The crowd began murmuring unable to contain thoughts. “And more importantly we have discovered that they are here at our school.” This was when the whispers turned into loud conversation. ‘Who do you think it is? ‘How can we find out?’ ‘I hope I’m one’ “This arena is made for them and we have narrowed down, from looking through everyone’s records at they are all here.” Fuck, I didn’t want to even be here, and no I could possibly be a guardian or whatever it was. Why me? “Today we will be going through various tests and skill training to narrow down which of you do not possess the skill of one. This process may take several days and weeks since you all will have to go through training and lessons to complete some of the exercises. There are 30 of you in this class. We will eliminate 10 today, you will get a week to train for your next elimination exercise then ten more will me eliminated, then we will decided the seven from the remaining ten. Do not be discouraged, anyone of you can be one of the seven; the only way to find out is by giving your all and trying your best. Now if all of you will go to the locker room, and get dressed for the first exercise. You all have personalized lockers which contains a guide book designed to help each of you succeed based on your specific strengths weaknesses and needs. Good luck everyone and I will see you in ten minutes. You are dismissed.” After the commanders speech everyone rushed towards the locker room anxious to get dressed and do the first exercise. I on the other hand was dreading this. If I was a guardian I would never go home again, I wouldn’t see my friends and I would be normal. Blue jumped on my back knocking me out of my thought.

“Isn’t this exciting!! We could both be Guardians, and protect the world from darkness!” I forced a smile on my face and could feel my skin tighten in protest.

“Yeah, it sounds great.” My smile didn’t reach my voice as pure disregard cover my supposedly eager comment.

“Don’t worry, I know you’re nervous, but if you’re meant to be a guardian you will be, one way or the other.” This was meant to be reassuring but it opened my eyes to more than the truth in it all. If I wanted any life away from this madness I would have to fail in everyway possible. And I wanted nothing more.
♠ ♠ ♠
please give comments, should i change anything, stop it, keep going. I write for you all so let me know what you think. I love my readers you guys rock ^_^