Fields Of Heaven

1/1

It didn't look anything like he'd expected. The tires were worn down and flat, the green paint was chipping, and the seats had holes in them. Not to mention all the rust that covered the car in general. Brendon made it seem like it was beautiful, and it was anything but. It smelled as if something had died inside and Ryan didn't even want to know how the stains had gotten in the back seat. This car was the exact opposite of beautiful. Surely, Brendon understood the disgust on his face?

"Come on, let's go." Ryan said.

"But, don't you like it?" Brendon pleaded.

"It's...dead."

"What do you mean?" Brendon asked, his brown eyes shining in the street lights.

Ryan looked at the whiteness all around him and sighed.

"It can't be fixed." Ryan whispered.

Brendon scoffed and stomped his foot on the cold ground.

"Yes it can, Ry!" he yelled.

"Even if we could fix it, how are we going to get it out?" he said, raising his arms.

Brendon looked down and breathed out, leaving a trail of white in the air.

"What, are we going to drag it through the snow?" Ryan said, sarcastically.

Brendon put his hands in his coat pocket.

"I just thought we could fix it up and it could do until we save up for a house." He mumbled.

Ryan's eyes softened as he shuffled over to Brendon. They wrapped their arms around each other and kissed.

"We can't live in a car, babe." Ryan whispered.

"It's better than the streets."

Ryan let go and grabbed a hold of Brendon's hand.

"Let's go." he smiled.

They walked out of the fields of heaven and down the road.

"Promise I can have her one day?" Brendon asked.

Ryan laughed and agreed.

"We'll name her Bess, o.k?"

Brendon smiled and laid his head on Ryan's shoulder.

"Do you love me, Ry?"

Ryan kissed his forehead.

"More than you'll ever know."