Status: Completed (:

My Little Princess

"I was a child and she was a child,
In this kingdom by the sea;
But we loved with a love that was more than love-
I and my Annabel Lee"

He quoted Edgar Allen Poe to me. It was one of the most beautiful things he has ever said, and the way that he spoke the soft, sweet words that left his lips I knew I was his Annabel Lee. There wasn't anything that could tear us apart anymore. As I stared at his beautiful face, I knew that this wouldn't ever last for I knew that this world was just make-believe, my personal fairytale, and one day it would come to an end. I looked down at my hands as we sat underneath the trees, golden from the Autumn rush, as he read poems to me aloud. I knew he wasn't reading the poems from the book in his hands; he had memorized them years ago to read to the one he loves. Staring at my hands I realize that my alternate universe will end, possibly sooner than I can imagine. I let three tears fall from the corner of my right eye. He looks up at me, and notices my head down, he lifts my head up with three of his fingers and whispers soft words to me. The words he spoke broke my heart because I knew it wouldn't ever last, fairy-tales never do. I look up at him and watches as the words left his mouth. "I love you..."
  1. The Night the Lights Went Out
    "Always start from hope" — Carol Wolper
  2. The Meadow
    "A little small talk, a smile and baby I was stuck" - ABBA
  3. Talking Animals?
    "Your life is what your thoughts make it." — Marcus Aurelius
  4. Picnic for Two
    "Our truest life is when we are in our dreams awake. " ~Henry David Thoreau
  5. Nightwish
    "It is not in the stars to hold our destiny but in ourselves." - William Shakespeare
  6. Memories Remain
  7. I'm Not Gonna Cry
  8. Edgar Allen Poe
  9. What Happened?
    "The worst things in life come free to us." -Ed Sheeran (The A-Team; It would work magic if you listened to the song as your read this chapter.. Just put the song on repeat..)
  10. Explanation