Status: Completed (:

My Little Princess

Memories Remain

He smiles back and I feel my heart flutter and the butterflies in my stomach fly. I've never felt this way before, and to be honest I love it. He walks closer and hugs me; my cheeks grow red as I hug him back, thanking God he can't see my face. Faster than I would have liked he let go and backed away from me.

"What did you have planned for today?" He asked quietly, looking down at his hands; which he held by his stomach.

"Well," I speak softly, tears forming in my eyes, "I was going to just think about all my memories of my brother..." A few teardrops fall. "I lost him last year; a year ago today." I sit back sown and stare at my hands sitting in my lap.

" Then we'll do it together," he stated wrapping me in another hug.

I cried onto his shoulder, and finally after thirty minutes he picks me up and takes me inside and lays me on the couch. I guess I fell asleep because the next minute I can see my brother.

*"Annabell!" Jason yelled at me. "Come down here for a minute!" Unwilling I complied. I walked down the staircase and when I rounded the corner I saw him standing there with a little puppy in his arms. "happy birthday, Anne." He smiled and handed me my puppy and hugged me. "I love you, Jase." I had replied to him.*

That was the last happy moment I remember of Jason. It had made me smile, and everything was perfect in that one moment with him.

I awoke to Jack sitting beside me in the floor. I guess I owe it to him to tell him the story since he stayed as I slept as he said he would. So I began...

"He had left early that rainy morning to head to town. It was only the two of us here in this cottage. We preferred it here than in the castle. On the way home he had stopped to help someone. Some guy. The guy had tricked him and then severely hurt him. He didn't make it. I'm not sure on what exactly happened, but Jase was dead and we couldn't ever find the guy who done it. He just...disappeared."

I looked over at Jack and he just looked at me and said, " I think it's time for me to go. I need to go visit my family." He hugged me, kissed my cheek, and walked out the door.

I guess he just wants to give me privacy. I spent the rest of the day going through photographs and thinking about my brother.

Before I went to bed that night, I walked out to the backyard and picked a scarlet tulip and walked down to the dock and spoke, "Jase, I hope you're okay. I'm moving on in life like you asked me to. Maybe you could give me a sign to let me know you're happy? I love you, bubba." I tossed the flower into the water and smiled.

I slept like a baby that night. I dreamed of Jason. Jason, mom, dad... and me. Before the accident.