Status: completed!

Be Free With Me

What Have I Done?

The kittens absolutely adored the butterfly garden. They jumped over one another, and pounced after the butterflies.

Cualli was entranced as well, but he didn't leave his post by my side on the hammock. "It's so pretty here." he whispered, looking around.

Slowly, his eyes drifted towards me, "Why don't you open your house to others like Coyotl?" He asked, and I smiled lightly.

"Well, I mostly don't because it takes a lot more for me to trust that it does for Coyotl." I told him softly.

He tilted his head slightly, "Then why do you seem to trust me?" He questioned, and I sighed.

I didn't want to say what I thought, but he wanted an answer. "I don't know."

He frowned, and huffed, going to get up. I held onto his sleeve. "Don't go." I whispered.

He sat back down against me, rubbing his ears against my cheek. "Will you tell me the truth then?" He whispered, "I can see another answer in your eyes. I don't care if you're unsure about saying it, just tell me. I....if we're going to get close to one another then I don't want lies between us." He said, and I sighed.

"Well, it's hard to explain. It's something demons believe in." I told him. "We all believe that there's a certain match meant for each of us." I looked into his pretty brown eyes, "One person that we trust completely and fully, with all of our hearts, for no apparent reason." I swallowed and held my breath as I spoke next. "I think you may be my soul mate." I whispered.

I looked down at my hands, and when I looked back up, I saw that tears were in his eyes. He shook his head, "No.....no!" He screamed, and took off running.

My eyes widened, and I let him go, knowing that in his state, he would just be pushed further away.

I walked further towards the house, before turning to Butler who seemed to enjoy the life of the kittens. He had two of them hugging him from either side when I called to him that I would be heading over Coyotl's house for a few minutes; that's where Cualli would have gone.

I started running then sprang into the air and shifted into a crow; the only form beside a human demons could use.

It was said that in the past, we were like shifters, because the god of death mated with a shape shifter, and the first demon was born. I feel like I've been jipped; all I've ever been able to change into is a crow.

I landed on Coyotl's door step, and shifted into a human, knocking on the door. A small kitten opened the door, looking at me with wide eyes.

"Coyotl's in his room, he said if you show up, you should wait in the foyer." He whispered, and I smiled at him.

"Thank you." I whispered, and went in and sat down; I could only imagine what Coyotl was in there talking to Cualli about. I paused for a second, and looked toward the kitten still standing there awkwardly, "Cualli is here, right?" I asked, and he nodded, frowning.

"He's here alright." the kitten murmured.

I put my head in my hands and couldn't help but wonder what I had done to the poor thing.
♠ ♠ ♠
poor little cualli.

encourage me to write!!!!:D