Status: Complete

Eat Your Heart Out

Chapter 11

I took a deep breath, standing at the edge of my brother’s room door. “Elena sent a text that she’s here! I’ll be back in a bit.” Please don’t ask to see it. PLEASE don’t ask to see it. I thought quietly.

“Alright, have fun! I’ll pick you up.”

“No, Elena offered the ride in both directions and I know how busy you are.”

The wooden door opened quickly, sending me back a few steps. “Why?”

“Because she’s nice?” I suggested. I glanced at my watch, five minutes till six.

“Who’s in the play?”

“No one important, like me.” I said smiling at him.

“Kristyna –“

“Look, Elena is there the ENTIRE time, so there is nothing to worry about. Promise. I’m not going to their house. Hell, I won’t even go to the Grill afterward if this bothers you this much. I’ll come straight home and go straight to bed like a good little girl.” I lied easily, praying silently that he didn’t see right through me like he usually did.

He crossed his arms, looking down at me. It took a moment before he finally answered. “Alright, and you can go to the Grill afterward if you are hungry. Just let me tell Elena thanks –“

“NO!” I answered way too fast, getting a surprised look from Aiden. “I mean, I’ll let her know. We’re going to be late and you like to talk –“

“Just a quick thank you –“

“I’ll let her know, promise.” I gave him a quick kiss on the cheek to reassure him.

He looked at me a long while before nodding. “Next time, you lead the carpool.”

“Of course,” I smiled as he retreated to his room to work on new game plans. As fast as I could, I walked out the front door and rounded to the right of the house, hiding from sight. I took a couple deep breaths to calm myself and headed quickly to the Salvatore house, damn this cold.

~~

It had been a bit boring the past six weeks, well…except for the constant dead bodies being found. It was up to at least once every other day; however they were never from Mystic Falls. Once more I clicked off the television, being reminded that this animal had yet to be found. Whoever it is would soon learn that they are messing around in the wrong areas.

I sighed, traveling back downstairs to get a drink, deep in thought about the Carneils and trying to see if there was a connection between this.

I poured a glass of scotch and sat on the couch, staring into an empty fireplace. Something was not adding up, and I doubted that their appearance was just a coincidence to all that was going on. Little Miss Kris’s brothers had practically banned her from even talking to me. It was quite funny actually. Now, every time I saw her, she would take off in the other direction, as if her brothers would know. Or she was actually scared of me.

That thought made me laugh.

There was a soft knock at the door, and I opened it – surprised at the human in the doorway.
“Well, well, well. A bit rebellious I see,” I purred leaning against the doorframe, hands in pockets and smirking downward at her.

“I came over to meet with Stefan.” She sighed, a large amount of bound paper shifted in her hands. “We are supposed to work on our major scene today.”

“Ah, yes. That stupid play he has decided to get himself mixed up in. I hate to disappoint you, but he’s not here. He and Elena took off about twenty minutes ago to God only knows – so you’re stuck with me.”

Kris sighed, shifting her weight from one foot to the next, and took a long look at her house. After a few moments and she looked unhappily at me. “Damon, would you help me with my lines, please? I really don’t want to go home right now.”

“Of course,” I smiled at her, moving aside so she could come in. She flipped the heavy script open to a certain tabbed page and handed it to me. “Stefan is playing ‘Travis’ and I’m ‘Elizabeth.’”

I nodded, glancing at the black print that covered the page. “So what exactly is going on?”
She removed her hat and coat, and hung it up before turning to me. “Basically, Lizzie and Travis have feelings for each other, won’t admit it, and they are in the middle of a fight about how Lizzie is acting jealous over Travis’s new girl.”

“Do they end up getting together at some point?” I asked, flipping around through the script.
“No,” she replied, stopping me and turning back to the correct page. “It’s a tragedy.” We walked to the middle of the living room and faced each other. Her facial expression changed, brows furrowing deeply, arms crossed on her chest. “What the hell are you talking about, me being jealous of Ashley?”

“It’s just the way you’ve been acting is…different.”

“Different? I’m different? Where have you been this past month?”

~~

We were on the third time around, and had been working for a couple of hours. I had been able to set the script down, because Travis’s lines were extremely simple. I have no clue why Stefan couldn’t figure them out. We were almost done with the scene, both of us becoming quickly tired.

“Why do you insist in pointing out all the flaws in her? She has done absolutely nothing but be kind to you. She understands that we are friends!”

“You don’t get it, Travis! She is using you. You’re handsome, smart, and rich and dating you brings up her popularity! God, you’re so stupid! How can you not see that?” She huffed and turned around, arms crossed, staring at the wall.

I paused, as written in the script, but got a brilliant idea that would really piss off her brothers. What better way to get information of a family than by a member of the family? All I have to do is get her to fall in love with me. Easy. I took a slow walk toward her. “You think I’m handsome?” A smirk tugged at my lips.

“You were voted Best Looking in the yearbook two years running.” She didn’t budge. She had her character down very well.

I stepped closer, dancing my fingertips down both her arms and whispering in her ear. “You think I’m smart?” I felt her shiver and my smirk grew.

“You’ve been in the top 10% since freshman year,” she turned, almost falling back at how close we were. But I caught her, holding her right next to my face.

“I think you like me, Lizzie Marie.” I smiled down at her, and heard her breath get caught in her throat.

“You’re crazy,” she hissed.

Then I leaned down and kissed her. It caught her completely off guard, but she responded. It lasted for only a few seconds, before she pulled away, breathing heavily.

“That’s not in the script.”

“So?” I asked, closing the distance between us again. Her heartbeat pounded quickly in my ears.

“I have to go.” She said, grabbing her coat and the script and sprinting out the door.
I watched her run and disappear into the house, before grabbing the hat that she left. Silently, I took it upstairs to my room and through it on my bed. I popped on the television and got myself ready for my meeting with the Sherriff tonight.

Smirking, I looked at myself in the mirror. “Kris Carneil, you will be mine yet.”
♠ ♠ ♠
SO SORRY for not posting in so long! It's been a long few weeks with midterms, but I am back!