Status: Complete

Eat Your Heart Out

Chapter 12

I near sprinted up the steps, ignoring Aiden completely, ran into my room and slammed the door shut. I locked the door and closed all of the blinds before burrowing myself into the massive amounts of pillows sitting on my bed. Why was I so freaked out about this? Was it because I responded to it? Was it the fact that I let him that close to me? Or maybe the thought of what my brothers would do to him and me if they found out?

I took multiple deep gulps of air trying to calm down, staring at the door as if he would walk in at any moment.

“Kris?” I heard, slightly muffled, through my wooden door. “Kris are you okay?”

“F-Fine!” I shouted back before tightening my grip around the fat pillow that I was holding.

“Are you sure? Did something happen at practice?”

I stayed silent, not sure how to answer the question.

“Kristyna?”

“Nothing really…” I replied slowly, watching the golden knob do quick little twists back and forth as my brother tried to get it. He was being nice enough to give me privacy, but he would be in here with ease if he really wanted to be.

“Then why were you running?”

My mouth opened and closed like a fish for a few moments, trying to scramble a good excuse together. “We, uh, we messed around with make-up and costuming today and I just feel nasty, so I ran upstairs to take a shower?”

He was quiet for a moment, thinking over my statement carefully. I think he was really starting to get suspicious of my actions lately. “Alright,” he said slowly, his heavy footsteps quickly going back to the stairs.

Slowly I stood; grabbing things I would need for a shower and quickly went into the small bathroom attached to my room. It wasn’t fully lying to Aiden, I kept telling myself, because I really did feel horribly gross.

~~

The T.V. was blaring and, based on the noises, it was a car chase being watched below. I was brushing my hair and walked over and plopped myself between the two bodies on the couch. “When did you get home, Eric?”

“A few minutes ago,”

“Oh.”

“What did you make for dinner?”

“She went to the Grill with her friends, so she didn’t make anything,” Aiden replied for me.

“Oh, we didn’t end up going.”

“Why not?” he said, turning his gaze on me.

“Well, I told you that I wouldn’t because you didn’t want me too and I really needed that shower before being seen by the public,” I replied.

“Well then, let’s go!” Eric said, jumping off the couch and turning off the television in one swift movement.

“Alright!” I said joining in the enthusiasm, because I was hungry too.

Aiden sighed and went to grab the keys as Eric and I ran to the door to grab our shoes. “What’s his issue?” he barely whispered as we tied our shoes.

“Aiden is having an Aiden day.”

Eric snickered, trying to keep it quiet, but failing.

“Ready?” Aiden said walking back into the room and then almost instantly standing beside us.

“Yes,” we replied, and we all went out the door to pile in Aiden’s car.

~~

The place was packed! It was like the entire town was out tonight. Even though it was a Friday, one of the few I had off, I didn’t expect everyone in town to gather in the same area. The three of us sat down in the corner by the emergency exit and just talked, like we use to back in New York. After ordering our food, the two boys went to the bar to get a few drinks and lazily glanced around my room. All was fine before I spotted a certain male standing with his girlfriend and some of their other friends.

I took off from the table and headed toward them, furious that they were here. With complete confidence, I walked up quietly, and with all the strength I could find, punched Stephen as hard as I could in his right shoulder blade. He turned quick, staring at me with a furrowed brow. It didn’t even look like it hurt him.

“You’re an ass.” I stated.

“What did I do?”

“Left me alone at your house with your brother, that’s what! What happened to practice this afternoon?”

“I thought we were meeting at school? Caroline and Bonnie and a few others were meeting there to practice.”

“You told me to come over at six. Last time I checked, that meant come over to your house.”
“Kris, I’m sorry, I should’ve made sure we were heading to the same place...but you stayed there with him instead of going home?”

“You remember me telling you how hard it is to get out of my brother’s eyesight, right?”

“What did you do?”

I sighed heavily and ran my right hand through my hair, feeling a bit better that he hadn’t completely meant to ditch me. “I…I practiced with him. I needed help over my lines anyway.”

“But she has them perfectly now.” I heard a calm, deeper voice purr behind me, making my hair stand on end.

I whipped around to be face to face with Damon, which seemed very odd. I then remembered that I was about two steps up on second level. Of course, he was smirking like a kid who had been given a secret.

“By the way, you left your hat,”

“Can I have it back?”

“Sure, I’ll even bring it to the front door again. Maybe I’ll meet your other brother.” He said with a smirk, wiggling his eyebrows.

I looked at him like he had grown two heads. “Do I have ‘Death Wish’ written across my forehead?”

He chuckled before taking a sip of the liquor he held in his hand. “I wonder why you don’t want anyone to know that you were alone with me at my house.” He said sarcastically, stepping up to the second level so he could stare down at me. His body was horribly close to mine, but I felt like I couldn’t move.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.” I hissed, frantically glancing at the back of my brother’s heads, afraid that they were listening to the whole thing while sitting at the bar.
He just laughed.

“I’ll bring it to you tomorrow,” Stefan said, pulling me back toward him and Elena gently. “Leave her alone, Damon,” he warned.

He shrugged, swirling around the liquor in his glass. “I have a date, anyhow.” With that, he turned on his heel and took off.

I couldn’t get my heart to stop pounding.
♠ ♠ ♠
Over a hundred readers, 15 subscribers, and 4 stars! Y'all rock! Thank you so much!

Also a big shout out to CallistoRedbird who has be my ONLY commenter so far. I would love to hear everyone else's voice too!

I know this was a bit of an odd chapter - but I hope y'all like it! The next one should be out soon!