Status: Complete

Eat Your Heart Out

Chapter 16

I threw the bottle of bourbon into the fireplace out of pure frustration. It shouldn’t be this hard to break her. In fact, with my abilities, I should have already had all the information I needed from her. But for whatever reason, she was still wary of me. Growling, I ran a hand through my hair and tried to think of a way to make this work faster for me.

“Aw, is you’re plan not working out well?” Stefan said from behind me. I whipped around to see him smiling at me, arms crossed.

“Not exactly, but it will be soon enough,” I replied with ease, fully facing him at this point. I’m pretty sure about a couple of things, but I need to hear it from her mouth to make sure.

“Interesting, I thought Damon Salvatore was quick with the ladies.”

“Well, she’s different,” I sighed, stepping up beside him, “A tougher nut to crack. But no worries, brother, she will crack at some point.”

Stefan just laughed before patting me on the shoulder and walking toward the kitchen. I watched him for a moment, eyes narrowed. There was always the possibility that he knew something that I didn’t know. Now that thought really bothered me.

Shaking the negative thoughts from my head, I walked toward my bedroom, trying to make since of the few bits I had learned. The scars were obviously not from a dog. She’s terrified of this Jeremiah person. Kris must be the little girl that I helped all those years ago, which may explain why her brothers don’t like me, but they should’ve never have spotted me. And where the hell were her parents in all of this?

My mind was spinning, but I couldn’t get any answers to form. I heard the front door open and close downstairs and could smell Elena’s perfume from here. God, she always smelled so good. I walked back downstairs to hear the last bit of her conversation with Stefan.

“-I’m just saying, it would be polite to check on her. And I would like to make sure that Caroline doesn’t kill her about missing tonight.”

“Sounds fine to me. It’ll have to be quick, because we have practice in two hours.”
Elena nodded and turned, almost running strait into me. I just smiled down at her. “Mind if I tag along?”

“She’s not one of your biggest fans – nor are her brothers,” Elena said, “That may not be the greatest idea.”

The problem was that I needed to. I needed answers now. “I’ll behave and both of you will be there to make sure of it,” the words rolled off my tongue easily.

Elena sighed and looked at Stefan, who just shrugged. However, I knew he just wanted to see me fail. She sighed heavily. “Don’t do anything that would upset anyone, okay?”

“Of course,” I smiled, following them out to the car.

~*~

“Here again, Mr. Salvatore? What a surprise,” I heard as soon as my head peaked into the doorway of her hospital bed. She was more awake now, but had a new I.V. in her arm that was giving her blood.

“They dragged me,” I said with a shrug, resting against the frame. Elena ran over to hug her and chat and Stefan leaned against the wall next to me. “You came on your own?” He whispered.

“That I did, and it went very well,” I hissed back, watching the two girls chat.
I tuned out for about fifteen minutes until something Elena said caught my interest.

“So did they figure out what was giving you the headaches?”

“Well…not really. My brothers came in for lunch and so the Doc pulled Eric out to talk before coming into talk to me. Eric looked really upset about something, but he never told me. The Doc then said that I had nothing wrong in my head, but my blood count was abnormally low. They thought it might be cancer or something, but after multiple tests and lots of blood drawn, they couldn’t figure out why I was completely healthy but didn’t have like, any blood. So they decided to add to me to help my body out. They are working on a few more tests at the moment, but I’m getting out of here tomorrow.” She stated.

“And how do you plan on doing that? The doctor is going to want to keep you here for a while if that’s the case.” Elena stated back, eyebrows furrowed.

She just smiled real big. “I know a secret,” she stated, but refused to let anymore out.

“Oh! I also came to warn you that Caroline is not happy and might go crazy on you if she finds time to make it up here.”

“Ug, she can chill. I know my lines by heart and I’ll be at rehearsal tomorrow. She just needs to calm down a bit. By the way, guys. There are other chairs – you don’t have to stand over there the entire time.” She said turning to us.

I smiled and shook my head. “We’re fine, thanks.”

She cocked an eyebrow and shrugged. “Eh, okay. Whatever,”

~*~

Her brothers came in right before we left, which was extremely tense for those few minutes.

“You brought me food? You are awesome!” She said, snatching a brown bag from her brothers, but her face changed as soon as she started pulling everything out. There was a grilled chicken salad of some sort, fruit, and something else in a container I couldn’t see. “Why is it all healthy?”

“Because your body is healing,” one of the twins said – most likely the doctor one.

“It’s. Healthy.” She stated again.

“It’s. Good.” They said at the same time.

It really was pretty okay to there, but then she looked to us for help. “You all agree with me, right? This is not a dinner.”

That was about the time we started moving out the door, but I spoke up, adding a bit of fuel to the fire. “Well, I agree – but I don’t think that will help you much here.” I winked toward her and disappeared with Stefan and Elena.

I could hear her brothers halfway down the hallway and I couldn’t help but chuckle.
♠ ♠ ♠
First time to write a chapter completely from Damon's point of view. What do y'all think?
I'm working on the next chapter as I post this one. Enjoy!

~Kait