Status: Complete

Eat Your Heart Out

Chapter 21

This is the newest chapter! Please read the author's note below!

I could feel my body start to wake up, but kept my eyes tightly shut because I wanted to fall back asleep. My work schedule today allowed me to sleep in till 5pm if I wanted to, and I wanted to.

Something to my right was warm, adding to the heat already trapped by the comforter, but I wasn’t one to complain. I rolled over, snuggling close to the object to stay warm. Whatever it was, it smelt really good too. I could stay in bed all day.

The object beside me began to move and I felt something slide across my waist and hot air blow across my forehead. What the hell?

Opening my eyes, I realized I was staring at a damn good looking chest, falling and rising steadily. One of the arms attached to it was laying across my waist and I looked up, only able to see a neck and part of a chin, which would explain the hot air.

How I managed to get into a bed with a hot guy – and then everything from last night came rushing back to me. I was curled up with Damon, not just some hot guy. I felt myself gag as I carefully started to untangle myself so that I could escape without waking him.

I pulled my feet out from under the covers, placing them gently on the wooden floor and pushed myself to a standing position. Letting out a small sigh that I could stand, I tried to take a step with my right foot and fell to the floor with a soft thud. Biting my lip, I pushed myself into a sitting position, trying not to cry out in pain. I guess I was going to have to hop on one leg to get out of here.

“Kris?” I heard above me from a gruff voice.

I stayed silent, praying he would go back to sleep – but he didn’t. “Kris?”

I felt the mattress shift as he started to get up, checking around for where I went. I held my breath and shut my eyes, but he found me in a few seconds.

“What are you doing on the floor?” he asked, keeling down to my level.

“I need to use the restroom,” I lied. “And it didn’t work out well.”

“Obviously,” he stated, raising an eyebrow. “Do you want help?”

“No I can do this myself.” I stated stubbornly. I wanted to go home, shower and change. Waking up next to him just ruined my day.

“Don’t lie to me,” he said, easily picking me up and setting me back on the bed.

“I can!” I stated, pushing myself off the bed and onto my feet. “See?”

He made a gesture with his arm, toward the door. Taking a deep breath, I took a gentle step with my right food, only placing the ball of my foot on the floor and then quickly moved my left foot forward. Sighing, I did it again, pleased that I didn’t need his help. “Told you,” I said, smirking – keeping my eyes on my feet.

“You realize I have a bathroom that is much closer.”

“Yeah, but you’re in here, so I’ll be using one detached from a room,”

“It’ll be easier on your ankle,” he slightly sang.

“And yet, you would still be here,” I sang back. He chuckled – I could feel him watching me.
I made it to the door, opened it, and quickly made my way out of it, shutting it behind me. Breathing a sigh of relief, I started for the stairs only to be stopped by Stefan.

“Where are you off to?”

“Restroom,” I responded quickly, holding onto the railing at the top of the stairs.
“There’s one a couple doors down,”
I made a small ‘o’ with my mouth, and changed my direction. Stefan sighed and let out a chuckle. “Do you want help?”

“No,” I stated stubbornly, staring down the hallway.

He just cocked an eyebrow at me.

“Yes,” I said, dropping my head.

“That’s what I thought,” he laughed, coming over to pick me up with ease and carry me to
the correct door.

“Thank you,” I replied, limping in and shutting and locking the door behind me. I sighed, and let myself sit on the edge of the tub. I was never going to get out of here.

~~
“Where are you off to?”

“Restroom,”

“There’s one a couple doors down.”


Silence.

“Do you want help?”

“No…yes.”

“That’s what I thought,”

“Thank you,”


You have got to be kidding me. I get in trouble by her for trying to help her do the same damn thing and Stefan gets thanked? I growled, going to the closet to change before heading downstairs, where I found my brother waiting.

“I told you she was scared of you,”

“She wasn’t last night,”

Stefan furrowed his eyebrows as I pulled one of the last few blood bags out from the fridge.”What are you talking about?”

“She snuggled up with me all night long,” I replied with a smirk before pouring my drink into a glass. I then grabbed a darker glass and filled it partially with water. I grabbed the knife sitting on the counter, sliced open my hand, and let a few drops of my blood fall into the drink. Grabbing the scotch and a spoon, I added a bit of alcohol and mixed it together.

“What are you doing?”

“Helping the healing process move a bit quicker,” I said, before grabbing both drinks and heading upstairs.

The shower clicked off when I reached the top of the stairs, but I continued to my room to set the drinks down.

I heard Stefan’s name being called, but no one responded to it. He may be in the shower himself. I smirked when she called his name again and nothing happened.

~~

“Stefan!” I tried a third time, but I got nothing. Please don’t make me call him I prayed silently – but it was obvious I had to. Taking a breath to calm myself I shouted “Damon!”
He was at the door at an instant. “Yes?”

I leaned my head back and let out a sigh. I didn’t want to admit this to him, but I couldn’t stand anymore. “I need help.”

“Open the door.”

“It’s unlocked.”
The door creaked open to reveal me sitting on the floor, hair wet and the wrap in one of my hands. I was dressed in the clothes Damon had given me previously – but I felt much better now that I had showered. But I wanted to go home.

“Don’t you look pitiful,” he said, eyeing me up and down.

“Just help me, please.” I growled.

A smirk danced across his lips as he scooped me up and carried me back to his room, where he immediately put me under the covers so I would stay warm. He then handed me a glass filled with a dark liquid and ordered me to drink it. I almost spat it back out it was so disgusting. “What the hell is this?”

“A boost of healing power,” he said before taking a sip of his own drink. It was a familiar ruby red color, but I looked back down at my own.

“I’m not drinking this. Could you just take me home now?” I asked, but he just raised an eyebrow.

“Finish the drink and we’ll talk about it.”

“No. I want to go home.”

“Drink it, then,” was his reply as he sipped his own drink. It was going to be a long afternoon.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know, not the reaction you were hoping for. However - there will be chemistry in the next one, promise! ;)

I HAVE FINISHED UPDATING ALL OTHER CHAPTERS! For those of you who have been reading straight through, you can just go look at the first paragraph of chapter ten and see the changes. However, I would really love it if some of y'all would go read the first few (which were edited the most) and tell me how you like this idea.

Thank you all for being awesome!

Shoutouts to Trig-ger, Stephen Gomez, believe.in.something, and Christofer Drew; for commenting!

~Kait