Status: Complete

Eat Your Heart Out

Chapter 23

Sleep came and went a multitude of times during the night. I kept waking up after hearing basically any noise. The morning was no different. I had woken up that morning by the front door opening and slamming shut. Multiple times I tried to roll over and go back to sleep, but it was obvious that this was not going to work. So, instead, I got up and changed into some blue jeans and a white t-shirt, then I slipped on my shoes and my hoodie again and made my way downstairs.

Elena and Stefan were sitting on one couch chatting and so I sat on one adjacent to it.

“Morning,” Elena said giving me a small smile.

“Mornin’,” I replied, nodding in their direction.

“Did you sleep well?”

“Sure,” I replied, pulling on the ends of one of my sleeves.

Stefan leaned over and muttered something to Elena, who nodded and then whispered something back. I watched their private conversation carefully, trying to figure out why they weren’t including me. About two minutes later, Elena turned back to me.

“Hey, how about we drive out of town and head over to a mall – shop all day?”

“Sounds fun,” I replied. “When do you want to go?”

“We can head over in about thirty minutes or so. Keep Damon off your back?”

“So far so good, and this will help. Thanks,”

“No problem. I want to get to know you better anyhow, since you live here and everything.”
I laughed and nodded.

The doorbell echoed through the house, signaling someone at the door.

“I’ll get it,” I said with a smile, heading toward the front hallway. When I opened the door, my smile immediately fell into a frown.

“What are you not happy to see me?”

“What are you doing here?” I growled slightly.

“Well, you weren’t at home, so I stopped by to see you,” his grin grew.

“Leave me alone, Jeremiah,” I stated, my voice wavering slightly. I tried to shut the door, but, because it stuck outside the house a bit, he easily pushed it back open.

“Come back to New York with me,” he purred, holding his hand out toward me. “I miss you. The whole group misses you.”

“No,” I stated, trying to shut it again, but he shoved it open much harder.

His face had darkened, eyebrows furrowing. “I wasn’t asking.”

“My answer is still no.”

“You are mine!” He shouted, reaching to grab me, but he couldn’t get by the barrier.

“Who are you?” A new voice said from behind me, making me jump. I turned to see Damon staring at Jeremiah. Where did he come from?

“Kris’s boyfriend.”

“Ex- boyfriend,” I stated, “we broke up about a year ago.”

“I was about to say, Hun,” he replied, wrapping his arms around my waist and pulling me back to him before planting a kiss on my head. I was trying to keep a straight face, but I’m pretty sure my eyes were bulging out of my head. What was he doing?

“Who the hell are you?” Jeremiah growled.

“I would be Kris’s boyfriend, Damon.” Damon replied with ease, keeping me close. “And who the hell are you?”

Jeremiah didn’t answer, but his face didn’t change at all.

“Just leave, please,” I said, reaching to the door to try and shut it for the third time. Before I could grab it, however, I was spun around so that I was facing Damon and then he leaned down and connected his lips to mine.

I responded instantly – whether it was to piss off Jeremiah, which was always a very dangerous thing, or because he tasted so damn good – I didn’t know. All I knew was that I was greatly enjoying this.

Damon shut the door and backed me up against it, giving him more control, but for some reason I didn’t care. I was enjoying his lips against mine, our tongues dancing together.

That’s when the panic set in. I wasn’t scared about what would happen next time I left the house and I wasn’t scared about Jeremiah or my brothers. I was scared because I didn’t want to stop Damon. I wanted to keep going, and I had no idea where these thoughts were coming from.

I touched my middle finger on my right hand to my thumb and felt the smooth ring beneath it. There was no one in my head but me – this was all me, and it scared me. When did this change happen?

~~

I pushed her against the door with ease, a bit surprise by how much control she handed over to me. This wasn’t like the girl that I was used to seeing, but I wasn’t going to complain. She was nothing like Katherine or Elena; she had her own flair – something that pulled me toward her.

She wasn’t Elena, mind you, because for me Elena would always be first. But she would do for now.

I slid my hands under her sweatshirt so that they were resting on her hips and pulled her closer. Thoughts quickly ran through my head wondering how far she was going to go. A hunger started to grow in me for two very specific things and my jeans quickly became too tight for my liking.

A slight grown came from her as I pulled her closer and her arms slid around my neck, deepening the kiss. Damn a girl hasn’t turned me on this quick since Katherine – or Elena for that matter.

Speaking of Elena…

“Damon? What are you doing?”

Kris immediately pulled away hiding herself in my shoulder. Part of her cheek was bright red, which made me chuckle.

“Just talking with our guest,” I replied, turning my head around so that I could see her.

“Talking to her about what?”

“Old acquaintances,” I said with a smirk.

Kris wiggled out of my arms and walked quietly to the stairs, before sprinting up them, down the hallway and into the guest room, where she shut and locked the door.

“What did you do?” Elena asked me, her arms crossed and brows lowered.

“Nothing – and you have been around Stefan much too long to be making those faces,” I told her, easily moving by her to go to the kitchen.

My head was spinning. What just happened, even though I greatly enjoyed it, was not the normal Kris I was used to. We were going to have to sit down and have a little chat.

And then maybe some fun afterward.
♠ ♠ ♠
You like? Don't worry, dear readers, there is a plan :)

Thank you believe.in.something for mentioning my story in your author's note! If you like this story you should go and check out hers!!

Comment and let me know what you think!

~Kait