Status: Complete

Eat Your Heart Out

Chapter 25

“I would prefer not to,” I replied, turning back around and taking out my packages to re-organize them. I needed the smallest amount of baggage possible so that I could quickly put everything up before my brothers noticed.

“So you’re just going to ignore everything that happened this afternoon?” he asked before he started to look through my purchases.

I slapped his hands, which he immediately pulled away, before responding. “That was the plan,”

“Well, it’s not going to work,” he said, walking to the other side, picking through the things I had already taken out of the bag. I slapped his hands again. “Stop that!”

“Stop picking through my stuff!”

He made a move to grab something off my bed and I just raised my hand. We stayed like that for a minute before he backed down. “Either way, we are going to talk about what happened.”

“Whatever,” I mumbled, placing a few of the smaller bags into each other.

“What I would like to know,” he said glancing over my shoulder to see what I was doing, “is why you kissed me,”

“What?” I practically shouted, spinning around so fast that we almost hit heads. He was standing so close to me that I couldn’t move anywhere. “You kissed me.” I stated, crossing my arms.

“No, I was helping you out. You kissed me.”

“That doesn’t make any since!”

“Yes it does!”

“You kissed me first, I responded. That’s what happened.”

“Ah, so you do admit that you kissed me,”

“You kissed me first!”

“But you encouraged the whole make-out session afterwards,”

“And you had absolutely nothing to do with it?”

“None,”

I looked at him smirking in front of me, a shocked expression etched across my face. I rolled my eyes and turned around to start sorting the clothes out in front of me. “Asshole,” I
whispered under my breath, fully aware that he would hear me.

“Now, I don’t feel that I’m that bad.”

“I do.”

He pressed himself against me as he watched me sort.

“Do you mind?”

“Not at all,”

I sighed, throwing down the dress that I was holding. Spinning around, I used one hand to push him back a little bit so I could look at his face. “Would you please leave?”

“Not until we’ve talked,”

“Technically we’ve talked,”

“Not about what I want.”

“Then what exactly do you want to talk about Damon, because I have stuff that I need to get
back to.”

His face changed, as if he was struggling with the next words that were coming out of his mouth. He opened and closed it a few times, before saying, “You’re right. I kissed you first. I thought that it would help get your ex off your back-“

“You didn’t need to do that –“

“Would you let me finish?”

“Sorry.”

“I did it because somewhere in my stupid mind, I thought that it would help you. And then you responded to it, which I wasn’t expecting – at all. And after that my mind went out the window. I was caught up in the moment and I was enjoying it. And it’s all I’ve been able to think about. In all honesty, I need to know if you feel the same way about that kiss that I’ve been feeling.”

I bit my lip. I did. Anyone who knew me well enough knows I was almost enjoying it way too much. The problem was that I was too afraid – I didn’t want my past to happen again, especially while my past was bust haunting me.

I turned around and started to sort faster. I wasn’t forming words – I wasn’t sure how to answer. I set a blue sundress next to a black one and stared at them, focusing my attention on them.

“Kris,” He stated, closing the space between us in an instant. “I need to know,”

I rubbed my eyes with the heels of my hands, trying to clear my mind. Dropping my hands, I stated what I could. “I did enjoy it. God, I probably enjoyed it way too much,” I sighed.
He touched my arm lightly.

“But, Damon, I barely know you.” I dropped my hands, playing with the hems on both the dresses. “I never see you – I see Stephan only because he goes to school with me, and he happens to be Elena’s boyfriend. But you – the only time I see you is when you find a way to harass me when my brothers aren’t around.”

“The blue one.”

“You think so?”

“I know so,”

It was silent for a moment as I put the blue one on the black one, folded them carefully, and stuck them into a bag.

“Then get to know me,” he stated, pulling me around to face him.

“How?”

“Go on a date with me,”

I blinked a couple of times , registering what he just proposed. “Wh-what?”

“Go on a date with me,” he said again, a bit slower this time.

“How? When I leave tomorrow, I’ll be back on lockdown – thank you Jeremiah.”

“So?”

“So? Did you forget my brothers hate you? How are you going to convince them to let me go
on a date with you?”

“Tell them you’re going to work.”

“No.”

“No?”

“No. I’m tired of lying to them. I’m already going to have to over this weekend. If you[i/] want to go on this date so bad, you figure out a way to do this.” I said, empansizing certain words by poking a finger into his chest.

“Fine,” he growled, turning to walk to the door. Suddenly he stopped and turned. “Maybe you won’t have to lie about this weekend.”

“What are you talking about?”

“Just trust me,” he said with a wink, walking back over to me.

“Damon…”

“Just a little trust,” he said raising his hands in defense. Quickly he placed a kiss on my forehead. “Good night, Kris.” He said, and then he was gone.

I quickly cleaned up everything, got ready for bed and climbed in. Before I fell asleep, I realized that I had a huge smile plastered across my face. It’s been a while since I’ve had one of those.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope that you like this one better than the last!

~Kait