Status: Complete

Eat Your Heart Out

Chapter 7

“I was up with the sun the next morning, because sleeping in a new place never worked well for me. I reached over onto the table by my bed and clicked the menu button on my phone, and found that it was 5:30 in the morning. I groaned laying back onto my pillow. There was no way that I was going to be able to fall asleep. For a few minutes, I laid there, listening to both of my brothers get ready for the day. Aiden was getting ready for an interview as a football coach at Mystic Falls High (because he was paranoid that I would get myself killed if I was by myself anywhere) and Eric was in the shower, getting ready to head off to Coder Hospital where he was a head surgeon. I had to admit, my brothers were pretty awesome.

Slowly pushing myself up, I scratched my head, pulling it out from the braid that I had quickly done before falling asleep. Grabbing a change of clothes , I headed off to the bathroom to get ready for the day.

I took my time in the shower, and was fully ready for the day by 6:30 AM. Sighing that it only took me an hour, I walked down the stairs and into the kitchen, almost walking into Eric. He took a couple of steps back and stared at me. “Creature of the night up this early?” he chuckled with a cocked eyebrow.

“Couldn’t sleep,” I replied, shoving past him to the pantry. Opening the door, I once more let out a dramatic heavy sigh, seeing only a box of Capt’n Crunch and a loaf of bread. “Where is the food?”

“When have we had the time to go to the store, Krstyna?” Eric stated, cocking an eyebrow at me. “That’s what we grabbed from the corner store for you. Deal.”

I growled grabbing the box of cereal and turning just in time to see him pop a straw into a bag of B-. I made a face, completely disgusted. “You and your nasty habits.” I grabbed a large bowl and poured myself a nice helping of golden corn nuggets and colorful corn berries. Eric sat the small milk beside me before closing the fridge. I added a little bit, closed it back up, and hid it once more in the door of the fridge.

After he had finished a long drink, that caused half of the ruby liquid to disappear, he let out a satisfied “ahh.” “That nasty habit keeps Aiden and me alive, brat.” He smirked and patted my head before walking into the living room.

I followed, happily munching on my cereal, and plopped down next to him on the couch. He clicked on the news and mindlessly started to flip through channels while sipping casually on the bag. The fridge door opened and shut again and soon enough Aiden was on the other side of me, drinking O+. And that is how we stayed until Eric took off at 6:45am to make it on time.

I stood up soon after, and went to the kitchen to clean my dishes and put them back where they belonged. I scrubbed, trying to think of when I could get over to the Salvatore house without Aiden finding out. Then it hit me. “Hey, Aiden,” I shouted.

“What?”

“When is your interview?”

“At eight. Why?”

“When do you have to leave?”

He was in the kitchen and had me facing him in a second. “Why?” He almost growled.
“Cool your jets; I’m not going to do anything stupid.”

He just crossed his arms.

“I need to go to the grocery store.” It was true, but it wasn’t what I was going to do. A little white lie didn’t kill anyone.

He sighed, hanging his head. He let me go before looking back up at me. “Wait till I come back.”

“Aiden, I’m 18 and full capable –“

“Yes, I know.” He stated cutting me off. “But it’s a new place and–“

“Seriously, Aiden?”

“Seriously, Kristyna! I worry about you –“

“Getting killed, raped, or turned. I know.” I sighed running a hand through my hair.
He smiled at me and fully stood up. Glancing at his watch, he disappeared into the other room and came right back. Shrugging on his jacket, he gave me one final glare. “I’m going to be gone for about an hour, maybe an hour and a half. Stay put, Brat, until I come back.”

“And what if I don’t?”

“You get to clean my bathroom for a month.”

My jaw dropped, horrified. Aiden was the messiest out of the three of us. If it wasn’t for me constantly cleaning, this house would already be a landfill after living here for only 24 hours.
He laughed, and grabbed his keys from a wooden bowl on the counter. “See ya, Brat. Don’t do anything stupid.”

“Loser!” I yelled back, fully aware of my lame comeback and his laughter as he left. I waited another fifteen minutes to make sure he was really gone, before shrugging on my thick, black jacket and walking over to the neighbor’s house.

It was slightly snowing again when I rang the doorbell, quickly stuffing my hand back into my pocket.

The doorbell rang and repeated constantly throughout the house. I turned my head slightly to the clock on my bedside table, which neon green numbers showed 7:15 am. What bastard was possibly up this early? I groaned and buried my face back into my thick cream colored pillow.

Footsteps took off down the stairs, before I heard the door click open. I closed my eyes, thankful that Stefan was one of those strange morning people. My peace was short lived because he was knocking at my door a minute later. “What?” I growled.

“You have a visitor.” He sounded amused.

I raised my head slightly. Who the hell would visit me, and why the hell would they do it so damn early. “Tell them to come back.”

“Damon, she’s downstairs in the living room. Get dressed and come say hi.”
She? “She who?”

“Guess you’ll have to find out.” And with that he was back downstairs.

Sighing, I rolled to my back and stared blankly at the ceiling. It took me a minute, but I eventually got up, dressed, and was ready to meet ‘Mystery Woman’.

Sadly, it was no one impressive. In fact, it was the girl with the annoying twin jackasses from next door. She noticed that I had come downstairs before Stefan had. I beat her to the punch. “Do you have any realization of what time it is?”

“Completely. Obviously you don’t or you wouldn’t be asking me.” She said with a smirk.

Bitch.

“What do you want?” I asked, walking over to the liquor and pouring myself a glass of bourbon.

“I came to apologize on the behalf of my idiotic brother. He was a completely ass yesterday, and there is no excuse for it.”

I stopped lifting my glass and looked at her like her head split open. “And you couldn’t wait till later to tell me because…?” I took a long drink.

“Aiden is slightly overprotective, “ she answered, holding her thumb and her forefinger quite close together. “and this was the only opportunity that I was going to get.”

Lowering my glass, I eyed her up and down. She was petite, a few strands of blonde hair framed her face, yet brown hair softly lay on her shoulder. Her outfit showed off her graceful curves, but her arms wrapped around her as if she was trying to hide them.

“Okay then.” I said taking another drink, not accepting or denying the apology. I wasn’t use to people doing this with me…at all.

“Alrighty.” She replied, but we both stood there in awkward silence. “I..have to go.” She finally said, pulling on a black jacket and quickly disappearing out the front door.

Well…that was weird.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the wait...and the length. There should be another chapter up by the end of the day.

51 readers
9 subscribers
0 comments