Status: former short story. . .now slowly continuing [:

Tears and Tacos

Fourteen.

I had gotten kicked out of the room, but I couldn't go home. I needed to stay to make sure he was going to be okay. I paced back and forth in the hallway, tugging at the end of my shirt, trying to keep myself busy. About ten or fifteen minutes later, the doctor walked out looking through papers on his clipboard.

I ran up to him, "Is Kaylob going to be alright?" I asked.

"Yes and no. You see, he needed to hooked up to the breathing machine, and now that he is, he'll be alright. But you see, it seems that his tumor is spreading. We might have to have a surgery for him soon," the doctor put a hand on my shoulder. "We're trying to make him better darling."

"Thank you," I said. And with that, I walked into Kaylob's room, while the doctor walked into another patients'.

I walked into the room, looking at my boyfriend's poor face. He looked so drained, so tired, his eyes were closed. I made my way over to his bed side, and placed my hand on top of his. His eyes started to flutter, and soon enough, they were open. "Hi baby," he said with a smile.

"You know, I'm not sure how you manage to smile after all of this," I said.

He chuckled, "I smile just by seeing your face. And knowing you're here with me makes me the happiest guy on this whole Earth." He voice was low, in a whisper almost. But the words he spoke had so much meaning to them. "Babe, you know, you don't have to stay all day if you don't want."

"I know baby, but I don't mind," I smiled. "Someone has to keep you company," he smiled along with me.

"Well you know my cousin Austin?" I nodded. "Well he's coming by in an hour or so, so if you want you can go when he comes."

"What? Do you not want me here?" I joked.

"No, no, no. I love having you here babygirl!" he said trying to defend himself.

I giggled, "I know baby, I'm just messing with you." With that, I kissed his cheek and and sat down in the chair next to him. For the next couple of minutes, we just talked and hung out, enjoying each others presence. Then there was a knock on the door. I got up and opened it, behind the door was Kaylob's older, good looking, cousin Austin.

"Hey Alicia!" he said greeting me with a hug.

"Hey Austin," I said hugging back. He walked into the room and sat in the chair that I was sitting in.

"What's up cuz?" he asked giving Kaylob dap.

"Not much, I have to stay on this God damn breathing machine all day now. And the doctor said I might need another surgery later on this week. It's spreading fast bro," he said sadly. I walked to the other side of the bed and held his hand.

I leaned close to his ear, "I'm gonna get going baby. Let you have some time with your cousin."

He turned to face me, "Alright bye babygirl. I love you."

"I love you too, bye sweetheart," I kissed his cheek. As I walked out the room, I shouted behind me, "It was nice seeing you again Austin!" He just waved my way. I fished for my car keys as I walked through the hospital parking lot. Once I was in my car, the tears just came out, flooding my vision. . .
♠ ♠ ♠
my story is so freaking boring. im not sure what to write about. i think this might just be a dead story. . . plus no one liked it anyways D;

if you do like it, subscribe and comment. . . . . pleaseeee? [: