Status: writer's block + zero time = story severely lacking updates...sorry guys! soon though I promise!

So This is Love

Safe

Grace woke up to bright lights and loud noises. She smelled the acrid tang of bleach and other cleaning materials, as well as the stench of sickliness in the air. Immediately the smell was one that she associated with doctors and hospitals. She tried to piece together what had happened and why she was there. All at once the car crash came back to her with such force that it knocked her breathless. Worry quickly replaced her surprise; was she all right? How had she gotten here? Did her family know what had happened?

She sat up slowly, cautious of her throbbing head and looked around the small hospital room. Lying on the couch by her bed, Grace saw a guy about her age, but he wasn’t someone that she recognized. Confusion clouded her senses, and she wracked her brain for answers and clues that would tell her who he was.

Before she could determine anything, he sat up, and turned to look at her. Fear squeezed her in its grasp as he stood up and walked over to the side of the bed, his eyes on her the whole time.

“Good, you’re awake,” he said, smiling.

“Who are you?” Grace demanded, her voice not nearly as strong or commanding as she’d meant it to be.

“Shh, don’t worry about that yet,” he said, slowly stroking her hand with his own. Grace felt herself relax at his soft touch, even though she had no clue who he was. “You’re safe now.”

With those soothing words and his gentle caress, Grace felt herself slipping back into the arms of unconsciousness, with the mysterious boy’s voice ringing in her ears. “You’re safe now,” it repeated. “Safe.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's another short chapter! I'll start posting longer ones soon. Promise! Let me know what you think! ;)