Status: writer's block + zero time = story severely lacking updates...sorry guys! soon though I promise!

So This is Love

Expectations

He wasn’t anything like she expected when Grace thought about her “Prince Charming” or her “Knight in Shining Armor”, but now that she’d met Damien, all of her other expectations became obsolete, locked away in the darkest recesses of her mind. Damien was better than the best of her dreams, and she’d never met anyone like him before. He was tall, dark, and mysterious, but he was sweet, kind and caring. Grace found that she couldn’t stop thinking about him, no matter how hard she tried. She was happily haunted by his sincere, brown eyes framed by long, dark eyelashes, and unable to get them out of her mind.

As morning came and the sun started to rise, Grace noticed Damien frequently looking at the clock on the wall. He seemed worried about something.

“What is it?” Grace asked him after he’d glanced at the clock for the third time in less than ten minutes. It was 7:15, and the world was beginning to wake up around them.

Damien glanced at the clock again before answering her. “My dad will be getting up for work soon, and if I’m not home, he’ll be worried,” he explained. “But I can just call him later; I don’t want to leave you here by yourself.”

“I won’t be alone. My mom is here,” Grace reminded him, gesturing to her mother sleeping on the couch. “You should go home and get some rest; you look exhausted. And I don’t want you to keep your dad worrying.”

“Are you sure?” Damien asked, hesitantly.

Grace nodded. “I’ll be fine. You should go home.”

With a quick nod, Damien agreed. “When will I see you again?” he asked softly. His serious, brown eyes caught her gaze and held it.

“Soon,” she assured him. She picked up the pen and pad of paper beside her bed and quickly scrawled down her cell phone and home phone numbers. She gave it to Damien with a smile. “Thank you again for saving me.”

“No,” Damien said. “Thank you for saving me.” He tucked the folded piece of paper into his pocket and left then, leaving Grace to wondering at his words.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well....I don't really have anything to say (for once haha). So just let me know what you think! Your comments mean a lot, so thanks to those of you who have been commenting/subscribing!