Status: writer's block + zero time = story severely lacking updates...sorry guys! soon though I promise!

So This is Love

It's a Date

Just when Grace had given up hope of Damien calling, her phone began buzzing in her hands. An unknown number flashed across the screen, and Grace could only hope that it was Damien. Nervously, she accepted the call, and put the phone up to her ear.

"Hello?" she asked tentatively into the receiver.

"Grace?"

The second she heard his voice, her face lit up and her heartbeat sped up, causing the heart rate monitors to beep.

"Damien!" she gleefully responded.

"How are you?" he asked, his voice laced with concern.

"I'm doing alright. They're letting me go home in a few hours."

"That's great," Damien said cheerfully.

"Uh huh," Grace agreed. "I'm glad that tomorrow's Saturday, otherwise I wouldn't have any way of getting to school. My mom said that my car is completely totaled."

"Is there any way I can help? Do you need someone to drive you around? I'd be happy to if you want," Damien told her eagerly.

Grace was surprised and delighted at his response, but she declined. "You've already done so much for me, I can't ask you to do any more. I'll never be able to repay you for all that you've done."

"I know how you can pay me back," Damien said playfully into the receiver.

"Is that so?" Grace asked, keeping her voice light and cheerful. "And what would that be?"

"You could let me take you to dinner tomorrow night, and then all of your debts will be forgiven."

Grace smiled. "I'd like that."

"Great. What time should I pick you up?"

She hesitated for a few moments. "Would six be alright?"

"Six would be great," Damien said, his voice smooth as a freshly shaved face. "Can you text me your address so I know how to get to your house?"

"Yes I will," Grace replied. "See you tomorrow at six."

"It's a date," Damien responded before hanging up.

"It's a date," Grace repeated to herself after the line had gone dead.
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright, I know I've been gone FOREVER, but I have a good excuse. Next Tuesday, I have to get brain surgery. I have a lesion in my brain that has been bleeding, so the doctors want to remove it before it bleeds again. I'll try to update soon, but I don't know when I'll be able to again. Thanks to those of you who are still here, and welcome to any new readers :)