Status: Active but updates probably won't be frequent

I've Never Heard Silence Quite This Loud

Chapter One

All four of us were leaving our home in Alaska. Why because my mother and aunt died six months ago. Both were single mothers of two. They were best friends and twin sisters. They came into the world together and left the same way.

The oldest of the four of us and also the legal gaurdian is my best friend and cousin Jaydon, or Jay for short, who is 18 years old. He's about six and a half feet tall, buff with black shaggy hair and dark brown eyes. Jay is like the older brother I never had. He is super protective of me.

Next there's me. I'm 17 and look just like my mother, same wavy, waist length black hair, russet skin, and dark brown eyes. I'm about five foot eight. I'm more on the slender side but I have curves where they're meant to be, and I loved them.

After me there is my little cousin Trey, who is 16. He's basically a shorter more lanky version of Jay. He's probably five foot ten or something like that. He's a sweet kid. He always makes sure that the people around him have a smile upon their face.

The youngest of the four is my brother Kaleb, who is 15. He's about five foot nine cropped black hair and the same dark brown eyes as the rest of us. He's the jokester and the hot head out of all of us. He's always getting into fights at school. I worry about him because one of these days he's going to end up in a fight that he won't win.

As of right now we were in our cars driving to La Push, Washington, because my mother and aunt's lawyers found a letter stating that there is a house for us in case anything were to happen to one of them. They also mentioned that it was a couple of houses down from Uncle Sam and Aunt Emily's house.

I was driving in my car with Try, and my brother was riding with Jaydon because my music was apparently stupid. He's just upset because I have this rule that if you are in my car, you listen to my music. The only person that respected that rule is Trey. Like I said before, he's a sweet kid. We were about 20 to 30 minutes away from La Push when my phone started to ring.

"Hello," I answered.

"How mad at me would you be if I told oyu that I let Kaleb drive the rest of the way?" Jaydon's voice cmae through the phone.

"Furious," I stated.

"Okay so if I told you that I let him drive since the last pit stop, what would happen."

"Jay that's not even funny. He doesn't even have his permit yet"

"I was getting so tired, so I let him drive. He's doing an excellent job."

"Tell him I said to pull over now and you two switch."

"But we're almost there. What if I told you that I would rub your feet tonight." He persuaded.

"Fine tell him that he has to do the dishes for a month. And you better not back out of rubbing my feet."

"Will do. See ya in 20." He said before hanging up.

-20 minutes later-

We pulled up to a light blue, two story house. I got out of the car and walked up to the front door and opened it with the key that the lawyers had given me.

I let the guys go in first to pick their rooms then I headed upstairs. Jay walked out of a room that was across from the bathroom.

"Okay so we decided since your the only girl in the house that you get the master because it has it's own bathroom. Plus we all agreed that we didn't want to open a draw to find a brush or something and instead see a bunch of tampons." He explained.

"Aww you guys are sweet and typical males." I gave Jaydon a big hug then went to find Trey and Kaleb. When I did I gave them a big hug too.

I headed back outside to grab my suitcase. Once I got it I was about to head back indoors.

"Amber Uley?" I recognized that voice. It was my uncle Sam. When I turned around I saw him. Tall, buff and tan just the way I left him. I walked over and gave him a hug. Sam was my mother's younger brother. When my mother and aunt married they kept their maiden names and gave them to us.

"Sam how are you? I haven't seen you in forever."

"I'm good. How are you guys holding up?"

"We're okay.

"That's good. So I was thinking if you didn't want to have to cook tonight, we are having an end of summer bonfire. This way you can meet some people and not be all alone on Monday when school starts."

"Sounds good come on inside."

We walked into the house to see Jaydon and Kaleb wrestling on the living room floor.

"Jaydon get the fuck off of me! Now!" Kaleb yelled.

"Kaleb Micheal Uley you better watch your mouth!" I warned.

"Yeah." Jaydon chimed in.

Once they heard my voice they immediatly stood up. Sam was standing behind me chuckling. I turned and glared at him.

"It's not funny. Last time they were wrestling they broke the TV." I said.
"So guys there's a bonfire tonight wanna go?" I asked.

"Sure we'll be there. Do you need any help setting things up?" Trey asked.

"Yep."

"Guys I'll meet you at Sam and Emily's." I told them.

I went upstairs to my room with my suitcase and quickly changed into a black and white checkered bikini. With black short shorts, a fitted white v-neck t-shirt and a pair of black flip flops. I ran a brush throught my hair and put it into a messy ponytail. I applied a little mascara, eyeliner and some chap stick. When I was done I walked down to Emily's house.

I was about to knock on the door when Kaleb opened it.

"Took you long enough."

"Shut up. I only took ten minutes." I walked past Kaleb and into the kitchen where I saw Emily.

"Hey Em do you need any help?"

"Sure do. Can oyu grab the hot dogs and put them in the ice chest please."

"Sure." I was shocked by how many hot dogs there were. There was about ten packages and each package had ten. That's 100 hot dogs.

"Emily how many people is there going to be at the bonfire tonight?"

"Um about 16, and then you four so 20 people. The guys eat a bunch though." She explained.
♠ ♠ ♠
New story hope you enjoy. Comments would be much appreciated. It would be good for me to know if I'm doing something wrong or right. So let me know. Next chapter will be the bonfire.