Status: New Story. Slow going though.

Stranger Than Fiction

Image
High school. The two words combined create the scariest statement in the English language. The four years spent there are four years of your life that are complete hell. Well, it is for me anyways. I haven’t been in one high school for more than a month. It’s all because of my dad. Having a father that owns a successful business that has branches all over the country, which I couldn’t tell you what the company does, has basically stopped my life. He’s one of those owners that likes to travel to each branch and work there, just to show that he cares about each and every employee. If only he would send some of that care my way. When he travels, I, of course, have to go with him. Hence the switching of schools. It started the beginning of my freshman year, and hasn’t stopped. I have just completed my junior year at a school in West Virginia at number… Well I have no idea what number school that was. I stopped counting at thirty. But, even though I have been to all of these schools, I have not made a single friend. I have been permanently dubbed as the “new kid.” I guess another contributing factor is my appearance. My long blonde hair is accented with purple and baby blue. Black eye liner always surrounds my deep chocolate brown eyes. I am always dressed in band shirts, jeans, and a pair of Chucks. Because of this, the snobs in the uppity high schools I’m forced to go to can’t deal with, as they say, a “freak” like me. So I instantly become the school’s outcast. But when I go home, I act as though nothing is wrong, when in fact, everything is. Not that my father notices. I know that most kids would love to have a father that is rich, but I would rather be poor with a father who actually gives a damn than what I have now. I guess I will never know what it is like to have a normal family. My mother lost her battle with breast cancer when I was five. That is when I also lost my father. As soon as the funeral was over, he threw himself into his work and built it up to what it is today. All I want is a normal life where I have two parents who love me, and not having to move all of the time. Hell I’d even be happy to have one parent who loved me. Is that too much to ask? I guess it is since it has never happened. All I need is one miracle to help save what little sanity I have left.