‹ Prequel: Sense of A Spark
Sequel: An Unbreakable Bond

Brand New Start

Greg -Point of View-

We got on stage and I signed to Angel, making sure he really wanted to do this. He nodded and I sighed, smiling at him as I returned the nod. Turning to face the four couples, I noticed Angel taking a deep breathe. "What song would you like to do?" I asked, making him looking me. He signed it to me, and I smiled. We hadn't done the song in a long time. And normally, he was signing it, and another person was singing it with me; that was when we still lived in the foster home. "You want to start?" Angel nodded.

I started playing the music as Angel took a deep breath and began to sing, causing everyone to gasp -- except for Mom and Dad, of course. They were smiling at as.

"Desperate for changing
Starving for truth
I'm closer to where I started
Chasing after you
I'm falling even more in love with you
Letting go of all I've held onto
I'm standing here until you make me move
I'm hanging by a moment here with you

Forgetting all I'm lacking
Completely incomplete
I'll take your invitation
You take all of me now...

I'm falling even more in love with you
Letting go of all I've held onto
I'm standing here until you make me move
I'm hanging by a moment here with you
I'm living for the only thing I know
I'm running and not quite sure where to go
And I don't know what I'm diving into
Just hanging by a moment here with you
"

We knew it was more of love song, but it was something that showed our growing love for our new parents -- the only two people who truly cared about us. They were everything we were looking for in parents, and more. They gave us shelter when we needed it most. They gave us unconditional love when we thought the world had turned its back on us. More than anything, the meaning of true love between people. Not to mention that we could open up to them when we feel like we need help. Angel realized that and decided to use his voice again, knowing full well that Mom and Dad would never judge us.

They argued sometimes, but what couple didn't? Angel and I were a couple -- as messed up as that may seem, seeing how we're twins -- and we had our disputes. Maybe one day, we'll find ourselves suitable partners, but for now, we were happy with each other.

The song came to an end and everyone was cheering. Fred immediately attacked us both when we walked off stage, his eyes filled with tears. "Angel! My dear Angel! I never thought I'd see the day when I would hear your voice!" he said, looking at my beloved twin and lover with happy, bright blue eyes.

"Let's just say it's good to be talking again," he said, not ashamed anymore to talk aloud. As we stood there talking with a very excited and bouncy Fred, Geoff came over and asked for the guitar, which I gladly handed over.

"Alright, guys, now it's my turn. Angel, this is for you, my friend," he said, his Irish accent sounding a bit thick. Angel nodded and blushed about ten different shades of red. I squeezed his hand as Geoff walked up onto the stage.
♠ ♠ ♠
Song Credit goes to: Lifehouse
Song Title: Hanging By A Moment