‹ Prequel: Sense of A Spark
Sequel: An Unbreakable Bond

Brand New Start

Dean -Point of View-

It's been a week and Chase still couldn't see. The doctor told us it wasn't permanent, which relieved me so much. Greg was relieved, yet, he still seemed tight about something. And everyone knew the reason behind it -- Angel was gone. For how long, no one knows. But Angel knows that the door is open and he's welcome to come back anytime.

Everyone was piled in the entertainment center, just talking and throwing jokes at one another. Only Chase and Greg seemed out of place -- and I knew why. Chase always loved to watch everyone's expressions and make fun of everyone, and Greg didn't like being around people without his other half. I nudged Greg and told me to meet me in the hall. "I'll be back, Chase. I'm going to talk to Greg privately for a moment," I whispered, causing Chase to nod.

We walked out into the hall, and I closed the door behind me. "You alright, Greg?" I asked, watching him as he paced the hall. His hands were clasped together and he seemed uneasy.

"I can't take being away from him. He's been by my side all my life, and now he's gone," he said in a rush. "I'm going crazy." The last bit came out in a whisper and I saw his eyes watering. I walked over to where he was and wrapped my arms around him.

"He'll be back. That I promise you," I whispered as he wrapped his arms around my waist. I held him as the tears streamed down his face. I didn't want him to be upset, but I couldn't change how he felt. He was shattered without his brother and lover by his side to keep him sane. "If you would like to--"

"No. I'm staying here," he said immediately, looking up at me. Greg knew what I was implying, and he answered. "But I do want to go see him. Just to be able to see his face." I nodded and let him go, walking back into the entertainment room.

"Chase, Greg and I are going to the foster home to see Angel. You coming?" I asked, causing everyone to look my way.

"We're all going," Fred said, causing everyone to nod in agreement. I sighed, smiling at everyone. Fred walked over to Chase and interlocked their arms. Chase rested his head on his good friend and smiled warmly.

"I see how it is! You love Chase more than me!" Jackson said in an appalled tone, but he said in jokingly.

"Well, duh! He's my bestest friend!" Fred said, grinning at his partner. Jackson laughed as he lightly bopped Fred on the head, causing him to squeal then laugh. It was good that they were trying to keep each other at ease, no matter how tough times seemed to be at the moment. This is why we were all more than friends. This was why we were family.

Time Elapse

We were walking up to the doors of the foster home, no one talking. Greg was the first to walk in, quickly being attacked by Angel. "Greggie!" he said, his arms wrapped tightly around Greg's neck. Greg hugged him back just as tightly, seeming to never want to let go. "It's been horrible not having you around."

"Then come home, you idiot!" Greg replied, jokingly though. Angel pulled away and glared at him for a moment, then looking up as if he just realized the rest of us were there. His face brightened and he completely pulled away from Greg and ran over to Chase and I.

"Mom! Dad!" he squealed, wrapping an arm around both of us. He pulled away and looked at us both. When he looked at Chase, he gasped. "Mom?"

"What is it, sweetheart?" Chase asked, alarm taking over his face.

"Are you ... blind?" Angel asked, the last word cracking. Chase just smiled and reached out for Angel's hands. Angel gladly took hold of Chase's hands and held him.

"Only temporarily, baby," Chase replied, causing relief to wash over Angel. Before Angel could say anything else on the matter, Geoff intervened.

"Hey, don't the rest of us get some love from you?!" Greg laughed as well as everyone else. "I thought we were your family, too!"

"Of course you are, Irishman," Angel said, running around and hugging everyone. We were all together -- minus the A-Twins, who were still at their grandparents' house -- even if it was for a short time.