Baby, It's Cold Outside

your eyes are like starlight.

The snow covered the streets and houses in blankets. The Christmas lights on the neighboring houses were hardly noticeable, with the snow spilling over the roofs—but the colored ones stood out a little bit more. Enough to actually be seen, at least. The window was cold; when he breathed out onto the glass, it fogged. Before it cleared up, he drew a Santa hat. He smiled to himself at the brief remembrance of the excitement he’d get as a kid, with the entire idea of Santa.

The other’s voice was soft, warm against the smaller one’s neck. “Look out the window at that storm, Yugi.” Yugi melted back into the other’s embrace; Ryou’s arms fit so perfectly around his torso, warm around his waist, his breath smelling of peppermint near his face.

“I really can’t stay,” Yugi stated, though he didn’t want to go.

“But baby, it’s cold outside,” Ryou protested, his hold tightening the slightest bit to show he wouldn’t let the boy go.

Yugi spun around in Ryou’s arms, facing the snowy-haired boy. He lips were curved up, his smile warmly genuine. “This evening has been so very nice.”

“Beautiful, please don’t hurry.”

“Yami will be start to worry,” Yugi brought up his best-friend-practically-brother, who although approved of Ryou, acted like a typical big brother figure in relation to any other guy. Ryou was lucky enough to get Bakura out of the house, over to hang out with Yami.

Yugi slipped from Ryou’s arms with a brief peck, dazing the other momentarily.“I’ve got to go home,” he insisted, slipping his small feet into his boots. He turned back around, giving Ryou a playful, puppy-esque smile. “Lend me a coat?”

“It’s up to your knees out there,” Ryou stubbornly argued, not wanting to let the shorter one go anytime soon.

Yugi shook his head, taking a step towards Ryou. “I really can’t stay, Ryou,” he told him, as if he was trying to convince himself. Ryou took advantage of this, pulling Yugi back into his arms. He laid a kiss on his lips, soft and warm and giving Yugi a reason to stay, at least a little longer. When Yugi kissed back, he knew he would stay.

“But baby, it’s cold outside.”
♠ ♠ ♠
for katrina. <3
feel better love.