Status: Finished! Sequel coming soon

I Miss You, I'm So Sorry

Three

Image

Delilah turned around to see Alex Gaskarth staring at her. “What the hell are you doing here?” She snapped. Was he following her or something? But before he could answer Mrs. Carter entered she shop and smiled at him. “Oh hello Alex. How nice to see you, back here to write I see.” Alex smiled at her. “Oh, hello Mrs. C, yep, you know this is the only place I can concentrate.”

Mrs. Carter nodded. “I see you have met my new employee, Delilah?” She turned to Delilah. “Delilah, this is Alex, he always comes her to write. I’m sure you’ll like him, he’s a really nice young man, very polite also.” She smiled. “Well I’m going back upstairs. I’m sure you two will be fine.” And she disappeared again.

“So you’ve been here for like a day and you already have a job, that’s impressive.” Alex smirked at Delilah as she handed him his coffee. She hoped he would take a seat at the window or something, but unfortunately for her he sat down on one of the stool at the counter.

“Not that it’s any of your business, but I’ve been here for five days and yes I have a job. The bills ain’t gonna pay themselves.” She muttered the last part, but Alex still heard her. “Bills? What bills?” He asked confused, why the hell would a 18 year old have to pay bills. Delilah blushed, realizing her mistake. “Phone bills. I have really high phone bills from calling my friends back in Seattle.” She said quickly, but it seemed like Alex didn’t really believe her. She quickly changed the subject. “So you come here to write? What do you write exactly?” She asked as she smiled at the next customer who came in. “Lyrics.” Alex said as he watch Delilah help the customer. “Ah.” Was all she said and looked back at her book before scrabbling down a few things. “What are you doing?” He chuckled. “English homework.” She replied flatly and simple ignore him after that.

Alex moved to the end of the counter so he wouldn’t sit in the way. He chewed on his pen as he scribbled words into his notebook, looking at Delilah every so often from the corner of his eyes. She was still working on the English assignment, helping the occasional customer in between.

Delilah felt someone looking at her. She turned around to see Alex looking at her. “What?” She snapped getting irritated with the boy. “You wanna hang out some time?” Alex asked bluntly. “Why?” She was taken aback by his sudden question. He shrugged. “Well you’re new, you seem like a cool girl.” He said innocently, that signature smirk on his lips. “No.” She said flatly and turned around again. “Why not?” He whined. She sighed, but didn’t turn around. “Because.” She said.

“Oh come on! Please? I just want to get to know you a little better.” He said hopeful. She finally turned around, but was glaring at him this time. “Meaning you just want to get in my pants.” She scoffed. “So again, NO.”

She heard him huff and mumble a few things under her breath. When she turned to help a customer she saw he’s moved to a table in the corner of the shop, by the window. He still had a good view on her, but he wasn’t looking at her anymore, he just stared out of the window, a sad look on his face.

After being rejected again Alex moved to a table by the window. He thought back at his dream, happy he’d woken up before the door was open, he knew for a fact he could handle seeing that again. He glanced at Delilah one more time.

He’d only known her for a day, so it was a little weird how much he’d come to know about her. She was different. She cared a lot about school and her education. She didn’t seem to care about being popular or being liked by her peers. She didn’t see the type of girl that liked to party, or was concerned about boys and dating. He’d also learned she could be a real bitch to the people she didn’t like.

He smiled a little as he thought at how she was completely opposite from what Lily had been. Alex face fell as he thought of her. Lily had been the sweetest, friendliest and most caring person Alex knew. She was always positive and always tried to see the good in people. She had been shy, but quickly opened up when she felt comfortable around people. She trusted people, especially her family and friends, no matter what, making her somewhat naïve.

Alex continued to muse over how different the two girls were. Lily had been light, bright and sunny. Always happy and friendly, with long, wavy blond hair. Usually dressed in light colored, frilly and girly clothes.

Delilah was completely opposite, a lot more careful when it came to trusting people. It was like she’d build walls around her, afraid of getting hurt. She was a lot ‘darker’ than Lily, in every possible way. Her clothes were darker, her personality, even her eyes. Even though they both had green eyes, Lily’s had been lighter, sparkling, brighter as Delilah’s were darker, almost dull and seemed to hold a million unspoken secrets.

Even though she’s been a total bitch to Alex from the moment she met him, there was something about her that intrigued him. She was a mystery, she had secrets and Alex was more than determent to figure out what they were.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next day at school Alex waited for Delilah in the parking lot. When he saw her white car pull he walked over to it and leaned against the hood as she got out. “What do you want?” She snapped. “Why are you such a bitch to me?” He asked curious. “Because I don’t like you.” She spat and slammed her door shut. “You don’t like me? You don’t even know me!” Alex exclaimed.”Well I do know guys like you. And I don’t like them.” She explained. “Guys like me? What do you mean?” She rolled her eyes. “The popular guy who only wants to get in a girls pants, doesn’t care about her feelings and just treat girl like shit.” She summed up.

Not wanting to have anything to do with Alex Delilah turned around and walked away. Alex hurried to catch up with her. “What if I tell you I don’t want that from you. That I really want to get to know you. You know, be friends?” Delilah stopped and turned to face him. She choked out an humorless laugh. “You really expect me to believe that?” She chuckled. Alex shrugged. “Yeah, of course. Why not?”

She shook her head. “Like I said, I know your type Gaskarth and there’s no way I’ll ever be friends with someone like you.” Emphasizing on the last word. She gave him a disgusted look before going to class. Alex blinked, he’d just been rejected, again, by the same girl, in public! Alex was furious. Who the hell did she thing she was. This meant war……

Delilah chuckled as she walked away, her mood a lot better than this morning. She was convinced Alex would leave her alone after that, but then again, he was very stubborn. On the other hand, she was pretty sure Alex’s ego couldn’t take another blow like that.

She sat down in her seat and watched a moping Alex Gaskarth take a seat in the back of the room. A girl with long red hair sat down in the seat next to Delilah. She ignored her at first, but then she realized the girl was staring at her. “Can I help you?” She asked politely. “Did you really just turn down Alex Gaskarth?” The girl asked. Delilah shrugged. “Yeah, what’s the big deal?” The girls lips turned up into a big smile. “I already like you!” She yelled. “I’m Christina by the way, and as for Alex, he never gets turned down, never. You’re probably the first girl who’s ever rejected him. I mean even his best girl friend couldn’t…” She snapped her mouth shut. “Never mind. You’re new here right? I was sick yesterday so that’s why I’m asking.” I nodded. “I’m Delilah, I just moved her from Seattle.” They talked a little and passed a couple of notes after the teacher started the lesson.

“I would offer to you to sit with me, my boyfriend Jack and his friends, but unfortunately my boyfriend is Mr. Gaskarth’s over there” She pointed at Alex. “best friend.” Christina said. I smirked. “I’m sure I can handle him.” Christina laughed. “I’m sure you can. See you at lunch then.” And she ran off to find Jack. Delilah smiled to herself, that was going to be an interesting lunch.

Tears ran down Lily’s cheeks as she fled the scene. She ran as fast as she could, not caring where she was going or if anyone came after her. She felt sick, worthless, humiliated. She couldn’t believe he just did that. He was her best friend, her rock, the only person who knew her secret and who was always there for her when she needed him.

But he’d thrown away years of friendship in a matter of minutes. How could she have been so stupid. She’d never felt so betrayed, so broken, she just wanted the pain to go away. Somehow she got home, the only thing she could think about was to find a way to make the pain go away, forever....
♠ ♠ ♠
I really wanted to update sooner, but I've been insanely busy, so sorry about that.

Cursive part is a flashback, sometimes it will be Alex's dreams and sometimes it will just be random flashbacks. Hope it's not to confusing.

What do you think Delilah is not telling Alex, with the whole job thing? And what do you think about the flashback?2 comments and I'll update.

Love, Felicia