Status: Finished! Sequel coming soon

I Miss You, I'm So Sorry

Seven

Image

Another two months passed and Delilah and Alex had become really close after that night. They became just as close as Jack and Christina, but without the dating part. Right now the group of friends, except for Alex, who was running late, were hanging out in Jack’s basement.

“I’m happy to see you and Alex are such good friends.” Christina suddenly blurted out while she was painting Delilah’s nails. “Yeah, you like hated him when you first got her.” Jack butted in while he jump onto the couch next to Delilah. “And now you two are like attached to the hip. You two are so close, even closer than Alex was with Lily.” Christina hit her boyfriend’s arm. “Jack!” She hissed. “Shit, sorry.” He said, when he realized what he’d just said.

“Lily? Who’s lily?” Delilah asked curious. “No one.” Christina said and continued to paint Delilah’s nails. Rian sighed, he was getting tired of their behavior when it came to Lily, shouldn’t they be able to just talk about it after all these years. “She was a friend of ours.” He said to Delilah. “Just talk to Alex, he’ll explain, but just don’t push him okay?” She nodded and figured this Lily girl had something to do with the reason Alex was seeing a therapist.

Delilah decided to drop the subject, she know Alex would tell her when he was ready. She smiled when she thought of him, sure they’d become really good friends, but Delilah couldn’t deny that maybe she felt a little more for him then ‘just friends.’

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was Saturday night, 8 o’clock and Alex was wandering around the empty streets of Baltimore. Sure there was a party going on somewhere, but he didn’t feel like going. Instead he walked around town and stopped at a small bar where he and the guys had preformed a few times. He looked at the sign on the door, open mic night, he shrugged and entered.

Alex took a seat in the back of the room, where he had a perfect view on the small stage.
There was a group of girls, about his age, who were singing and dancing really bad. When they were done a guy came up to announce the next artist. “Our next performer is Delilah Johnson.” Alex sat up and looked at the dark haired girl who climbed up the stage. She was holding an acoustic guitar and looked perfectly okay. Delilah? What was Delilah doing here? Alex wondered. Wasn’t she afraid of singing in public?

“Hello everyone, my name is Delilah and I want to dedicate this song to someone very important to me.” She closed her eyes. “This is for you my little angel, I love you, wherever you are.” She whispered into the mic. She opened her eyes, took a deep breath and started playing.

Na na
Na na na na na

I miss you
Miss you so bad
I don't forget you
Oh it's so sad

I hope you can hear me
I remember it clearly

The day you slipped away
Was the day i found
It won't be the same
Oh

Na na
Na na na na na

I didn't get around to kiss you
Goodbye on the hand
I wish that I could see you again
I know that I can't ooooooooooooh
I hope you can hear me
Cause I remember it clearly

The day you slipped away
Was the day i found
It won't be the same
Oh

I've had my wake up
Won't you wake up
I keep asking why
And I can't take it
It wasn't fake it
It happened you passed by

Now you're gone
Now you're gone
There you go
There you go
Somewhere I can't bring you back
Now you're gone
Now you're gone
There you go
There you go
Somewhere you're not coming back

The day you slipped away
Was the day i found
It won't be the same
Oh

The day you slipped away
Was the day i found
It won't be the same
Oh

Na na
Na na na na na

I miss you


The song ended and everyone cheered and clapped. Delilah tried to smile and wave, but the tears were hard to keep in. She hurried off the stage and wanted to walk out of the bar when someone grabbed her arm. “Alex?” Her vision slightly blurred because of the tears. “Delilah are you okay?” He asked. She shook her head. “Come on, I’ll take you home.” He said and they got into her car.

Alex helped Delilah up the stairs and got her to her apartment. He sat down on the couch and pulled her into his lap. She cried into his shirt, while Alex tried to comfort her. After some time her tears dried and she pushed away a little so she could look at Alex. “Thanks Alex.” He rubbed her back. “It’s okay, that’s what friends are for.” He said, the word friend was bittersweet to him, he wanted to be more than friends, but this just wasn’t the time.

Delilah got up from his lap and sat down next to him on the couch. She sighed. “Guess you’re wondering why I was crying, right?” Alex nodded. “Yeah, you kinda surprise me.” Delilah sighed again. “Guess it’s time to tell you my story.”
♠ ♠ ♠
The song is I miss you by Avril Lavigne.

I promise the next chapter will be Delilah's story, but first I'd love to know what you guy think happened to her. Again, the song is really important. I never put songs in a story if they don't add anything to the story.

Sorry this is kinda short.

Love, Felicia