A Twist of Fate

The kiss

I walked outside and Frank was leaning up against the wall of the building, smoking a cigarette.

I went and stood next to him. He didn't even look at me.

We stood there for a few moments and I watched as he took slow drags of the cigarette and let the smoke billow out of his mouth in tufts. He cleared this throat, shuffled his feet, threw the cigarette down to the ground and snuffed it out with his shoe.

"Shouldn't you be in there with your husband?" He had a bitter tone to his voice and it immediatly pissed me off.

"Look, I don't know what your problem is, but I did nothing wrong here." I pointed at myself as I said it, and spoke to a man who wasn't even looking at me, "You broke my heart. I moved on. I don't need your attitude."

He looked over at me with a sharp glare, "Well, guess what? I never moved on. To this day, all I could think about was you, and maybe, just maybe finding you and getting back together. After all, I'm not the one that left. It was you." He pushed me up against the wall, by my waist and leaned into me. His forehead rested against mine, and his hand rested on the left side of my face. This arised familiar feelings that I had long since forgotton about. Feelings that I wanted to expirience again. I wasn't trying to push him off of me.

His eyes bore into mine, "You still melt under my touch." His eyes were so dark, yet had a spark of light in them as he spoke to me.

"That means nothing." I said back. My stomach had butterflies from the close contact.

"No. Em, it means everything." He said, "It means you still love me. Just like I still love you."

My heart beagan to beat faster when he pressed his lips to mine. All I wanted to do was kiss back and I did. It was so rough and filled with so much passion. But it was also so wrong.

My husband was in that building, expecting his loyal wife to come back. He never did anything wrong. He loved me. And I loved him.

I broke away from Frank, "I have to get back to my husband."