A Twist of Fate

another chapter with love in it

I got up and walked to my bedroom, after breaking the gaze with Frank. I think I needed a moment to let all of the things I just realized sink in.

I closed my bedroom door, and shrank back against it. I placed my head in my hands and took a deep breath.

I felt a knock on the door almost instantaneously. I stepped back for a moment and wondered if I should even open it.

Whatever, it’s not like a murderer was on the other side.

I opened it and Frank didn’t hesitate to walk in quickly and shut the door behind him. He pushed his face to mine and locked out lips. It turned into making out in no time. I felt so in the moment and Frank was so seriously in love with me. Why was he even engaged? Then it hit me; he’s engaged.

I pushed him off of me quickly, and looked at him with venom in my eyes. He didn’t seem to notice and he pushed me up against the wall, and held me there by the hips, as his lips attacked my neck.

I loved the feeling of his teeth scraping against my skin. But this was so wrong.

“Frank.” I pushed him off of me again. He looked at me with a confused expression.

“What?” He asked in an agitated tone.

“You’re engaged.” I was far less concerned about my marriage. I would deal with that later. But then again, why was I even caring about Frank’s engagement to that bitch. I hated her and she obviously didn’t like me too much either.

But I wasn’t like that—to just ruin someone’s life like that. Especially since Chris ruined mine.

“I don’t love her, Emma.” He whined. “I love you.” For the moment that seemed to be enough for me, as I let his tongue tangle with my own again.