A Twist of Fate

Original Photography

The band was situated in their "trademark" position. Gerard in the front, Mikey to his right, Frank to his left, Bob behind Mikey and Ray behind Frank. It was classic.

And yet slightly old. But I wasn't going to stretch this out longer than it had to, by trying to create a new stance. No, I was going to get my shots and let them go.

But I had a reputation I had to protect. Originality was part of my job description.

I walked up to Gerard and tilted his head up towards the sky. He moved with little resistance. I walked to Ray and moved his arm. It was bothering me.

I walked up to Frank and stood there. He looked at me with such desperation, that I felt it. What happened while I was away?

I decided that there was nothing to do with Frank. I should just leave him there. So I did.

Upon walking back to the camera, I noticed that I had my hand resting on my stomach maternally. How long had it been there? I removed it quickly and focused back on the task at hand.

I got my shots and backed away from the camera.

“Okay.” I said and they moved from their statue-like positions.

I caressed my stomach again and looked down on it. Maybe I did like the idea of this baby. I sure liked the feeling that I was going to be a mother. It made me feel like I had such a purpose.

It’s so weird at how I came to a conclusion like this in such a short amount of time.

“Emily.” I turned and saw Mikey coming towards me, “We were just talking and we were wondering if you and your husband would like to come out with us tonight? Like, you could meet Gerard’s wife, and Frank’s fiancée and we could all catch up, y’know?” Mikey sounded so timid, it almost made me laugh. Some things just don’t change.

I smiled and nodded, “Okay.”
♠ ♠ ♠
To A Whisper Past Love: Thank's for the hug. lol.

To Emsielove: Reality is what's wrong. That and stupid high school.

I only have two more years to go....only two years....