A Twist of Fate

Isabella

We were all, actually, having a good time. The laughter rang out through the group as Mikey finished telling his story of sticking a fork in the toaster. For them it was all memories, but for me, it was catching up. I really didn't mind either. I was having a wonderful time with the band and Jenn...and not so much with Kelly the Fiancée.

Frank hadn't said a whole lot during the conversation, but instead snuck glances at me. But of course, for me to notice, I would have had to do the same thing.

You know what they say. You'll never forget your first love, and it was harder in my case while he was sitting across from me.

Mia was sitting on his lap though. I could see that those two were buddies. I wanted that kind of relationship with my niece.

I looked over at Isabella, and she was awake, staring up at the ceiling. Her wondering eyes were taking in the world, and her little fists were making involuntary movements. She still had that fine hair babies are born with, and the thought crossed my mind as to what my baby would look like.

"You wanna hold her?" Gerard asked, after he saw me staring at his daughter.

I was caught off guard and felt a blush rise to my cheeks, "Um...uh..."

Gee smiled, lifted the baby out of the carrier, and was careful to set her in my arms, "There."

I smiled at Gerard and smiled down at the baby cradled in my arms. I ran my index finger over her soft cheek. Jake placed a hand on my shoulder.

I looked at him and he smiled knowingly. We were so busy looking at the baby, that we didn't notice everyone go silent around us. I looked at all of them in turn and they were looking at me with smiles of adoration on their faces. Well, all except for Frank. He was looking down at the coffee in his cup.

Jenn spoke up, “I know that look.” I looked at her and she looked so motherly. The kind of look I would never have, no matter how many children I had, “You’re pregnant.”

I nodded and looked at my two brothers. Mikey was smiling and Gerard patted me on the shoulder, “Congratulations, sis.”

Jake kissed me on the cheek, “I love you.” He whispered.

“I love you too.” I replied.

I was distracted from the moment when Frank got up from the table and stormed off.