Status: In writing process.

She'll Come Back as Fire

I Wanna Live A Life From A New Perspective

1989.

Sitting in the bar. Daily routine. Get up, brush my teeth, shower, get dressed, eat, come to the bar.

Nothing new.

Except for the new band playing. I didn’t know the name of the band, but they had potential. Lead singer was attractive. I couldn’t take my eyes off of him. Blonde greasy hair, ripped jeans, flannel. We locked eyes and he winked slightly. They played Shocking Blue’s ‘Love Buzz’. I enjoyed every minute of it.

The show ended. I died a little inside. I couldn’t help it but down two more beers. I looked at Bruce.

“Where is he?” Bruce, the bartender, knew exactly what I was talking about. He pointed to the backroom and I followed his finger and arrived at the door.

I knocked and just walked in. There was a pipe, lighters, marijuana and three guys. The lead singer started talking to them, but I couldn’t really focus enough to hear them.

I sat down next to the lead singer and all of a sudden the other guys were gone.

“Kurt.” Is all he said. I smiled a drunken smile with a hint of seduction.

“Tessa.” I replied and grabbed the pipe and lighter. He got the hint and got ready.

I lit the bowl and put my thumb on the carb. I sucked in a big hit and swallowed. I exhaled as Kurt inhaled. It was good.

A couple of hits later, I was pretty high, as was Kurt. Even in my altered state, I could see his eyes glossed over and red as blood.

The room was spinning and I couldn’t control myself. I leaned over and planted my lips on his. It was an instant reaction; he kissed back, pushing his tongue into my mouth.

When our session of making out was over, I walked out of the room. I could tell Kurt was following me, and I liked being in control. I came alone. I didn’t want to go home alone. I stopped abruptly and turned around to see Kurt. His blue eyes were red and bloodshot. I smiled and leaned on my tippy toes to reach his ear. His scruff tickled and scratched my chin.

“Take me home.” Three little words.

He nodded and grabbed my hand, I stumbled around even in his grasp. I looked around in the night and grinned. I loved the night.

“That’s my car.” I loved the sound of his voice. It was beautiful. I never wanted it to end. We got in and he started driving. I would direct him every once in a while, but I think he got the idea. “Is this it?” I nodded when I saw my building. I leaned over and kissed his cheek. I lingered.

“Here’s my number.” I said, taking a sharpie that I always had in my pocket and writing my name and number on his dashboard. He grinned and nodded. I got out and watched him drive away. I knew he was going to be a star. I had to reel him in before fame got the best of him.
♠ ♠ ♠
New story! :)

Tessa