Status: Done :)

Too Good to Be True

Goodbye...

"You brought your guitar with you?" I exclaimed excitedly as he opened the boot to his groovy rental car. He nodded, laughing, as he lifted his guitar case out and closed the boot lid over.

"Come on," he said, motioning for me to follow. I took my hand in his as we walked along the coast. I couldn't help but let a giddy smile break onto my face, as the heat of the sunset warmed my face.

"Where are we going?" I asked, looking out over the beach. It was just sand for miles.

"I don't know," He chuckled, and I joined in. Frank pointed over to a spot on the beach. The whole place was completely deserted, and to be honest, i'm glad it was.

"So what are you going to play?" I asked, sitting down and making myself comfortable. Frank sat down next to me and carefully put his guitar case down. He smiled at me.

"I want to hear you sing," He stated simply, and I whipped my hear around.

"Are you kidding me? I...can't....sing..." I said, trailing off. He shook his head and laughed.

"Iona told me. You want to be a singer, and you have a fucking amazing voice," I mentally cursed Iona, and looked away. "I want to hear for myself!" I blushed madly, and looked down. "Ok, i'll make you a deal,"

"A deal?" I laughed, and he nodded.

"If you sing for me, and I play along, i'll sing and play for you," I looked at him dumfoundedly. I had to give him credit for that, I would never pass up the oppurtunity to hear him sing and play for me. I looked away, but felt a small smile creep onto my face.

"Fine," I said, giving in, and I heard him softly go "Yes!" I turned to him. "What do you know?"

"What don't I know?" He laughed, and I scoffed.

"Someone has a big ego! Well if you're as good as you think you are, then choose for yourself, and i'll see." He grinned widely and began strumming his guitar. My mouth dropped as I immediatley recognised the song. It was not only one of my favourite songs, but one that had meant a lot to me during my tough home life. It touched me in a way it couldn't with others.

"Iona," he said smirking, God, what hasn't that girl told him?

"Go on then," I said, rolling my eyes. Smiling, he began to play the intro again. I knew the song better than any other, and began to sing softly.

"All I know, is everything is not as it's sold,
But the more I grow, the less I know.
And I have lived so many lives, though i'm not old...
And the more I see the less I grow, the fewer the seeds the more I sow,"

I closed my eyes, forgetting that he was there, and begin to really sing the chorus. The beautiful sound he was making with his guitar melted my heart.

"Then I see you standing there, wanting more from me,
And all I can do is try,
Then I see you standing there, wanting more from me,
And all I can do is try..."

I took a deep breath as Frank continued to play, telling me to keep singing. I had never properly sung in front of someone before, but I was just so lost in the music....

I continued to sing the second verse and the chorus, and by the bridge I was belting it out.

"All of the moments that already passed
We'll try to go back and make them last
All of the things we want each other to be
We never will be, We never will be
And that's wonderful, and that's life,"

Frank kept on playing loudly, but my voice lowered.

"Thats you, baby,
This is me, baby,
We are, We are,"

I began to sing loudly again, letting the emotion pour into it.

"We are, We are, We are, We are,
Free, and in love.
We are...."

I looked out to the sunset.

"In loo-ove....."

I smiled as Frankie played the final chord.

"Try..."

I turned to smile at Frank, and noticed him staring right into my eyes.

"What?" I laughed, and he smiled.

"Your voice..." I blushed and looked away. I was glad that he didn't pester me more, and even more that he had began playing. It was just utter delight when I recognised the song.

"There was a new girl in town. "

I felt my heart beat fast when he began singing. I had heard him in Pencey Prep and Leathermouth, but I didn't know he could sing like this....

"She had it all figured out.
And I'll state something rash.
She had the most amazing...."

He looked at me and smiled widely

"...smile." I grinned widely at him. I loved this song, and he just made me love it even more.

"I bet you didn't expect that,
But she made me change my ways.
With eyes like sunsets baby," He looked out to the golden horizon, eyes sparkling with emotion, "And legs that went on for days."

"I'm fallin' in love
But it's fallin' apart.
I need to find my way back to the start.
When we were in love.
Oh things were better than they are.
Let me back into.
Into your arms.
Into your arms."

He slowly stopped playing, and I pouted at him.

"Why did you stop?" I giggled. And he laughed loudly.

"You want me to keep going?" I nodded and curled into his side.

Frank strummed on his guitar and sang softly to me, as we watched the sun set over the Atlantic ocean. This was the best goodbye I had ever had...

~*~

I held him tight, fearing the few weeks ahead.

"When will I see you again?"

"I don't know, the European leg finishes two weeks tomorrow, and the day after we're taking a plane to New Jersey...." He looked down. "I don't know...I don't know Hailey." I sighed and looked to my feet, trying to avoid Frank seeing my tears.

"Just, promise me...that this isn't the last-"

"Hailey, I promise, you'll see me again, ok? Trust me," I looked up at him, and saw a sad smile stretch across his lips. The sound of Iona's car rumbled into the beach car park, and I sighed. "I love you," He said, and I smiled.

"I love you too...I will see you again, I promise," Glancing at Iona's car, and then at his hotel in the near distance, he smiled.

"Bye Hailey," He stepped forward and captured me into a sweet and meaningful kiss. It only made it harder to say goodbye.

And with that, he turned to walk back to his hotel, leaving me me feeling hopeless, afraid, lonely...I ignored the beeping horn coming from the car, but instead watched my dream float away with Frank....

I sang softly to myself,

"Goodbye....Goodbye.....Goodbye....."
♠ ♠ ♠
A new character is coming in soon! x)
And don't worry, the boys will be back in at some point!

Shout out to deathXbeforeXdisco and ImFromMars. You should have seen us unicorns earlier today.....x)

First song - Try, by Nelly Furtado
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch=NOY6IeQS6KA[/youtube]

Second song - Into Your Arms by The Maine (<----I seriously reccomend these guys)
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch=kKf2lECazMs[/youtube]

Final song - A tiny snippet of A Modern Myth by 30 Seconds To Mars

Love you all!
Puss! x