Status: Done :)

Too Good to Be True

Still Waiting

Iona's POV

The last 2 days felt like months. I could only imagine what it must be like for Hailey...they never told us exactly when we'd see them again, but i'm guessing around 3 days. I wonder if Hailey even realises that graduation is coming up!? Personally i'm a little over-excited. Well, who wouldn't be? I'm finally out of school, and even better - moving to America! AAAAAH! I can't wait! There's so much to do! I need to decide what i'm taking - what I need to pack, the prom....oh shit! The prom dresses! I'll need to take Hailey out later to buy them. Thank goodness i've still got that £200 my parents left me!

~*~

The shopping bags were killing me! It was the last time i'd have to do this here, FINALLY. But still, if Hailey could get her lazy ass off the couch and give me a hand.

"HAILEY!"

"In here!" she shouted, and I rolled my eyes. What could be so attention-consuming? I pushed down the doorhandle with my elbow and butted the front door open, to see Hailey sitting - looking very uncormfortable might I add - watching TV.

"You alright love?" I asked, dumping the bags on the kitchen floor.

"Another one," she sighed worriedly. I popped my head in to see what she was watching, and gasped at the headline.

Third Brooklyn Bridge Suicide This Month

"Why?" I breathed, and sat next to Hailey. She shrugged and sighed again.

"Around 35 people try to jump off the Brooklyn Bridge each year, most because of broken hearts" she replied, in quite a monotone voice. I whistled, and looked at her. A horrible thought popped into my head.

"Wait, you're not getting any ideas are you?" I cried, feeling worry begin to build. She shook her head slowly.

"I don't see how these people could do it too, but. It's just..." she sighed, shaking it off. "..Just another one taking the Brooklyn shortcut I guess." Hailey sighed and got up, walking into the kitchen. I looked back at the screen, and found myself having to turn it off.

"Fancy coming out later?"

"To do what exactly?" she asked, seemingly bored.

"You may have forgotten that it's prom and graduation coming up," I heard a bowl smash, followed by a string of cusses, and chuckled a little. "Yep, it seems you have,"

"WHEN IS IT?" she demanded, running back into the living room, causing me to laugh out loud.

"In like, 2 days. I was thinking we could go look at prom dresses?" Hailey stared back at me with a shocked expression.

"Where are we gonna find all that money?" She gasped, and I grinned.

"My parents? They left me money..." She nodded slightly.

"Will £200 be enough though?" I thought about it.

"Probably not...we could still have a look though!" She looked around before sighing.

"Ok, give me a few hours," I squealed excitedly and jumped around my living room.

"What? Where are you going?" Both of us whipped our heads around to see a puzzled-looking Tommy. I had totally forgotten about him being upstairs....

"Looking for...prom dresses..." Hailey looked back at me. She didn't need to speak for me to know what she was thinking. What would we do about Tommy? I shrugged.

"Prom dresses, bleugh..." We chuckled at Tommy's typical boy behaviour and Hailey pulled him up into a hug.

"How about...you come with us...and then we take you out to get some ice cream?" She looked unsure, and I shot her a sympathetic glance, but an urgent vibration in my pocket cut us off.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Hey Iona! I heard a little someone called Tommy is back in Hailey's hands?" I chuckled. Matt had always taken a liking to Tommy since they shared their love of video games.

"He is! In fact..." I grinned to myself as an idea popped into my head. I removed the phone from my ear and put it on loudspeaker. "Matt! I'm on loudspeaker. Say hi to Hailey and Tommy!" Hailey shot me a puzzled look, but soon burst out laughing.

"HEY MATT!" Tommy called into the phone.

"HEY LITTLE GUY!" Matt's laughing voice replied from the phone. "So Iona, what were you thinking?"

"Well, us girls were planning on doing some prom-dress-looking, and Tommy wasn't that keen on it, so-"

"Of course I'd love to come over!" I looked at the phone in disbelief. How did he know what I was about to ask!? I looked up to see Tommy jumping for joy and Hailey doubled-over laughing at me.

"Ah- oh...ok..." I stammered. "How long will you be?"

"I'm making my way over right now, so about...5 minutes?" All three of us whooped and I grinned widely.

"See you then!"

"Bye!" As he hung up I looked up at my best friend and her little brother.

"Today's gonna be a good day,"
♠ ♠ ♠
Please persevere!
There's some big shit coming up, and you HAVE to see!
Sorry the quality is quite crap, i've got 423409 essays to do and like 2 days, so yeah Dx

But there is a VERY VERY VERY important part in this. You won't know what it is (thats the fun part) but when the time comes, i'll remind you ;)

Tah tah for now! <33

P.S. Title Credit - Sum 41, Still Waiting